The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 12:06pm
Official Forum Member

Hey there, did you take the test? We took it last night and looking for the answers so we can go over the test with the crew. Thanks so much and good luck with the football season. You can email them to me if you like.

thanks
Rob
Old Wed Aug 30, 2006, 07:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballRef05
I took Part II of the exam last night and I have to say, compared to the past several years I thought this was one of the easier Part II exams I have seen. There were only a few questions that were "wordy" or fell into the "english exam" catagory.

Anyone else the took it have thoughts on it?
I thought so, too, among the easiest in recent years. Still, there were a couple that were not going to win any awards for clarity. I wonder if anyone ever proofs the test or gives it to someone to to take to see if it makes sense.
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 03:25am
Official Forum Member

I also took the test last night and I agree that the test was fairly easier than anticipated. The ARS CD was a helpful tool, as well as, studying tests of years gone by.

Our crew will be going over the exam but no one has copies of the test or answer key. the test proctor gave no indication of when it will be available to us either. He just gave us the Pass/Fail word.

Can anyone help? Here's my email address [email protected]

Thanks
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 07:21am
Official Forum Member

I'm guessing not, since someone actually taking the test might catch that they asked the same question twice.
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 07:24am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to FootballRef05
Quote:
Originally Posted by ref-farai
I also took the test last night and I agree that the test was fairly easier than anticipated. The ARS CD was a helpful tool, as well as, studying tests of years gone by.

Our crew will be going over the exam but no one has copies of the test or answer key. the test proctor gave no indication of when it will be available to us either. He just gave us the Pass/Fail word.

Can anyone help? Here's my email address [email protected]

Thanks
We get our results with the test and answer sheet on Tuesday, I think everyone will have taken the exam by then so it wouldn't be of use to anyone.
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 08:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballRef05
We get our results with the test and answer sheet on Tuesday, I think everyone will have taken the exam by then so it wouldn't be of use to anyone.
In NC, those who miss the exam have 10 days to request an emergency exam, which is only worth half the score.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 08:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef
In NC, those who miss the exam have 10 days to request an emergency exam, which is only worth half the score.
My buddy officiates in SC and they don't use the NF exam, theytake a homegrown exam. I have seen that test and it is a monster compared to what we have to do.
Old Thu Aug 31, 2006, 09:40am
Official Forum Member

We were told --here in NC -- we'd have a different test this year and not The Fed. test.
But --we had that one --and I know some folks had copies in advance.
I hope our State office starts making up their own. I'm tired of hearing how guys cheated and get good games -- and then don't know the rules.
Old Wed Sep 06, 2006, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

I got my test score back last night. Ended up with a 99, the highest I ever scored on Part 2.
Old Wed Sep 06, 2006, 10:14pm
Official Forum Member

Kentucky uses the National Part II exam, but re-orders the questions so that you cannot use or create a cheat sheet that says #1 was F, #2 was T, etc. Pretty good idea to foil those who are not willing to read the rules book.
Old Wed Sep 06, 2006, 10:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by William C
We were told --here in NC -- we'd have a different test this year and not The Fed. test.
Someone either told you wrong or somebody misunderstood.

Next year, the exam will be online.

There was no plan to make any changes this year.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith