The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Football videos (https://forum.officiating.com/football/27114-football-videos.html)

Forksref Tue Jun 20, 2006 08:15am

Football videos

Does anyone have any information on quality instructional videos? I was at a terrific FB officials clinic last week and a couple of NFL guys had NFL tapes on holding, etc. To me, that was the best part of the clinic.

I am looking for videos that show fouls in a lot of detail of what a foul is and isn't. It could be NCAA tapes or otherwise.

Any help would be appreciated.

grantsrc Tue Jun 20, 2006 04:45pm

Was this the clinic in SD? If so, it sounds like it was worth while. Let us know your impressions.

Forksref Tue Jun 20, 2006 09:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantsrc
Was this the clinic in SD? If so, it sounds like it was worth while. Let us know your impressions.

This was the one you gave me a heads up on a month or so ago.

This was the Sioux Empire camp in Sioux Falls. It was excellent with plenty of "clinicians" to help with the on-field part and high quality tape sessions with the NFL guys. I could listen to those guys for weeks! Very down to earth and related to our level. I've never really had any in-depth instruction with videos before. It was only $60 for the two days and they fed you 3 meals and got a good quality shirt, not just a t-shirt. If I can, I'll go back next year.

grantsrc Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:04pm

Glad to hear it was worth the trip. I might look at it next year then.

DrMooreReferee Wed Jun 21, 2006 07:38am

Could someone post a link with info on this clinic?

It does sound like a great bargain.

grantsrc Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:44am

The clinic was a few weeks ago. I have some a registration form on my site at the bottom. Check to see if there is some contact info on there so you can be notified for next year. I will also see if I can be notified too so next year I can post the necessary info.

BigJWalt Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:49am

Resource Page

Quote:

Originally Posted by grantsrc
The clinic was a few weeks ago. I have some a registration form on my site at the bottom. Check to see if there is some contact info on there so you can be notified for next year. I will also see if I can be notified too so next year I can post the necessary info.

Grant, Great resource page. I am actively building a .ppt for the new NFHS keys to be used this year. If you would like a copy please let me know.

grantsrc Wed Jun 21, 2006 05:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJWalt
Grant, Great resource page. I am actively building a .ppt for the new NFHS keys to be used this year. If you would like a copy please let me know.

By all means, send it my way.

I created the presentation on 5 man mechanics on the full length football field background. I don't have the time (nor motivation at this time :() to update it.

MJT Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:29pm

Forksref, I responded on the NF board as well. I was at the SF clinic, and agree on its quality. I got all 11 tapes from Mike Spanier and am dubbing them right now and then am putting them on a DVD. Send me an email and we can discuss some options on me getting you a copy of either the VHS or DVD. [email protected]