The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 08, 2006, 11:24am
Official Forum Member

This story is from a youth game where my local midget assn worked a game where a referee was assaulted. I worked the same team a week or two later and learned about it in my preGame meeting with coaches.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...601080376/1006

The only thing I don't believe in this story is the official pushing the coach. If he did I'm sure it was because he felt he had to defend himself. Pat's a pretty good guy and has worked in our midget program for years and he's one of those guys who you never hear negative things about. I have worked with him several times and he's a pretty solid official. I have also worked with the team involving this coach, and yes, this coach is indeed a hothead! I'm glad his wallet got a little lighter.
Old Sun Jan 08, 2006, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

The real problem here is that he was allowed to plea out of simple assault into disorderly conduct. That's pretty crappy and sort of goes against the spirit of the referenced law.

It would be one thing if there was either a dispute on the facts or if there were other confusing aspects of the event, but there wasn't.
Old Sun Jan 08, 2006, 09:50pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jim S Send a message via AIM to Jim S
This is one of those that should never have happened, and frankly it's on the crew that it did. You don't "repeatedly warn a team for foul language"!
You throw it the first time and nip this problem in the bud now.

Read Rule 2, Read Rule 2, Read Rule 2!
Old Sun Jan 08, 2006, 11:20pm
tpaul

One thing is if I were a parent in the area I would do everything to keep this coach off the side lines for the rest of his career. This is a mistake that should end his coaching career!
Old Mon Jan 09, 2006, 12:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim S
This is one of those that should never have happened, and frankly it's on the crew that it did. You don't "repeatedly warn a team for foul language"!
You throw it the first time and nip this problem in the bud now.
I don't have all the specifics in this particular instance but "as reported" I agree with you 100%.