The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed Oct 26, 2005, 11:35am
Official Forum Member

A friend of mine, who was my referee when I was a LJ had an interesting issue to deal with last week. Him and his umpire attempted to enter the field to meet with the coaches to get captains, etc. and a police officer put his forearm across the chest of the R and asked him where he thought he was going. His response was "to meet with the coach so excuse me sir." He attempted to walk thru the gate when the officer put his forearm against the referee again.

The R said "excuse me but I have a job to do, is there a problem here." The officer said no officials are allowed on the field until the coach verifies with the officer that an official isn't on his "strike out list."

The R politely responded..."OK, I'm going to go back to locker room and call my assigner and we're going to make a call on your school forefeiting this game."

The coach of course bolted over and allowed the R on the field. I liked his response and I guess I'll use it for Turkey Day as my crew has this same team. I never heard of such a thing and thought to share.