The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Oct 01, 2005, 07:35pm
Official Forum Member

Cool

This morning I get a call from my assignor telling me to look at today's sports section, when I get to the section on high school football I see this pic.

First time so far it's happened, I was told, I'll probably never get a shot better than this one.
Old Sat Oct 01, 2005, 08:20pm
Official Forum Member

Hey congrats Ref18! I always check the local paper to see if anyone I know (or myself of course) made the paper. Its pretty rare in my area unless you get a TD call or a sideline shot like yours. I got my moment of glory a few years ago, I'm giving the TD signal, but its a side shot of my face. What's cool is there is about 5 members of the scoring team all giving the signal too.

You should be able to get that in color. If you call the paper, they should be able to sell it to you. I paid $30 for mine, but it's 20x10 and I just had to have it.

I'd post it here but I didn't want to steal your thunder
Old Sat Oct 01, 2005, 09:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CruiseMan
Hey congrats Ref18! I always check the local paper to see if anyone I know (or myself of course) made the paper. Its pretty rare in my area unless you get a TD call or a sideline shot like yours. I got my moment of glory a few years ago, I'm giving the TD signal, but its a side shot of my face. What's cool is there is about 5 members of the scoring team all giving the signal too.

You should be able to get that in color. If you call the paper, they should be able to sell it to you. I paid $30 for mine, but it's 20x10 and I just had to have it.

I'd post it here but I didn't want to steal your thunder
DUDE!!! 20x10, that's HUGE, I wish I could get the pic that size.

The paper charges $27 for a full colour 8x10 print. I'm going to order it on Monday.

And just to give some more info on that pic, That line we're standing over, is the goal-line, I was just waiting to see the ball in the end-zone before I signaled.
Old Sat Oct 01, 2005, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

Congrats.. but youre braver than me having the whistle in the mouth during the play.

See ball, See ball with player, see player down, see whistle go in mouth, see ref blow whistle.
Old Sat Oct 01, 2005, 10:18pm
tpaul

Congrates!

go move waiting to see the ball first...see the ball...LOL
Old Sun Oct 02, 2005, 01:27am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jim S Send a message via AIM to Jim S
Gus, Always check the school web sites of the teams you work. A lot of them have their photographers put the pictures on these sites. I have gotten a number of them from school sites.

Read Rule 2, Read Rule 2, Read Rule 2!
Old Sun Oct 02, 2005, 04:24am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
I could have made the TV news myself but my game was on a lightning delay when they showed up.. oh well.. an unfullfilled career.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Sun Oct 02, 2005, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
This morning I get a call from my assignor telling me to look at today's sports section, when I get to the section on high school football I see this pic.

First time so far it's happened, I was told, I'll probably never get a shot better than this one.
Which one are you?
Old Sun Oct 02, 2005, 11:51am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally posted by Texoma_LJ
Congrats.. but youre braver than me having the whistle in the mouth during the play.

See ball, See ball with player, see player down, see whistle go in mouth, see ref blow whistle.
I wondered how long it would take for this to be posted.

I love the stirrup socks.
Old Sun Oct 02, 2005, 08:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
I could have made the TV news myself but my game was on a lightning delay when they showed up.. oh well.. an unfullfilled career.
I did make the TV clips this week. And I know because when I got home my wife said to me "Dear, I saw your heiney on 2 sportscasts tonight." Umpires get no respect.

Old Mon Oct 03, 2005, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
Quote:
Originally posted by GBFBUmp
Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
I did make the TV clips this week. And I know because when I got home my wife said to me "Dear, I saw your heiney on 2 sportscasts tonight." Umpires get no respect.

at least she recognized your butt....lol
Old Tue Oct 04, 2005, 08:45am
Official Forum Member

reminds me of the Randy Cross commercial, no females recognized him in the bar until he bent over to pick something up, female said, "Hey, aren't you Randy Cross?"

That was a good one.
Old Tue Oct 04, 2005, 11:42am
Official Forum Member

We're so small that we get our HS games on the sports news on Friday night. I've been on several times.

Darn, I run slower on TV than I think I am running.

No wonder those kids outrun me!
Old Tue Oct 04, 2005, 01:39pm
Official Forum Member

we have 2 local high school football shows on friday night. one at 11:30 (cbs) and one at midnight (fox). i usually have a camera man or two at every game i do. they both work hard to cover as many games as possible. being there are two, it makes the competition to get better footage increase.
if you are lucky you can get your whole game televised. i have only had one in high school so far.
Old Sun Oct 09, 2005, 06:39pm
Official Forum Member

I saw myself on TV Friday night. Long 65 yard run, I'm the back judge. I beat the runner to the goal line thats all I hoped for!!