The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 02, 2005, 04:20am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Buddy of mine went to a NCAA game tonight and one of the teams was flagged for an illegal forward pass (QB beyond the LOS) They went to replay and the ref came back and said that due to a lack of overwhelming evidence that foul would not be enforced and then rules it a completed pass. Is that the way the NCAA is doing this? Conference USA game if that makes a difference.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Sun Oct 02, 2005, 07:21am
Official Forum Member

I believe that each conference is setting its own policies for instant replay. In the Georgia / Miss St. game, the commentator said toward the beginning of the game, "The SEC does allow for instant replay. The way they do it is..."

Of course that information is only as good as the collective rule knowledge of 'commentators'.
Old Sun Oct 02, 2005, 05:55pm
Official Forum Member

And if you've ever endured a season of College Basketball on CBS with Billy Packer, you know how bad THAT can be!!!
Old Sun Oct 02, 2005, 07:44pm
Official Forum Member

In the SEC, the review official will buzz down to the officials if he wishes to review a play. He has until the snap of the succeeding play to signal the crew on the field. Between plays the review official looks at each play via a Tivo type set-up. Within 2 minutes of signalling the review official must determine if there is enough indisputable evidence to overrule the call on the field. The referee via a headset is given the review official's decision and then conveys the decision to the stadium. At no time does the referee go under the hood like the NFL and this is true for every conference using the replay except for the Big Sky conference. What seems strange to me is the way the referee announced the decision in the C-USA game.
Old Mon Oct 03, 2005, 01:42am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Quote:
Originally posted by whaddayouknow
I believe that each conference is setting its own policies for instant replay. In the Georgia / Miss St. game, the commentator said toward the beginning of the game, "The SEC does allow for instant replay. The way they do it is..."

Of course that information is only as good as the collective rule knowledge of 'commentators'.
This was not a commentator. This was the WH announcing it over the pa system. Like I said he was at the game. He was not watching it on TV. I do not get the chance to watch much college ball as I am ususally calling little kids myself.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.