The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   I Made the Paper!!! (https://forum.officiating.com/football/22405-i-made-paper.html)

ref18 Sat Oct 01, 2005 07:35pm

This morning I get a call from my assignor telling me to look at today's sports section, when I get to the section on high school football I see this pic.

http://www.dibattista.ca/images/j_at_goalline.jpg

First time so far it's happened, I was told, I'll probably never get a shot better than this one. :p

CruiseMan Sat Oct 01, 2005 08:20pm

Hey congrats Ref18! I always check the local paper to see if anyone I know (or myself of course) made the paper. Its pretty rare in my area unless you get a TD call or a sideline shot like yours. I got my moment of glory a few years ago, I'm giving the TD signal, but its a side shot of my face. What's cool is there is about 5 members of the scoring team all giving the signal too.

You should be able to get that in color. If you call the paper, they should be able to sell it to you. I paid $30 for mine, but it's 20x10 and I just had to have it.

I'd post it here but I didn't want to steal your thunder :)

ref18 Sat Oct 01, 2005 09:15pm

Quote:

Originally posted by CruiseMan
Hey congrats Ref18! I always check the local paper to see if anyone I know (or myself of course) made the paper. Its pretty rare in my area unless you get a TD call or a sideline shot like yours. I got my moment of glory a few years ago, I'm giving the TD signal, but its a side shot of my face. What's cool is there is about 5 members of the scoring team all giving the signal too.

You should be able to get that in color. If you call the paper, they should be able to sell it to you. I paid $30 for mine, but it's 20x10 and I just had to have it.

I'd post it here but I didn't want to steal your thunder :)

DUDE!!! 20x10, that's HUGE, I wish I could get the pic that size.

The paper charges $27 for a full colour 8x10 print. I'm going to order it on Monday.

And just to give some more info on that pic, That line we're standing over, is the goal-line, I was just waiting to see the ball in the end-zone before I signaled.

Texoma_LJ Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:05pm

Congrats.. but youre braver than me having the whistle in the mouth during the play.

See ball, See ball with player, see player down, see whistle go in mouth, see ref blow whistle.

tpaul Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:18pm

Congrates!

go move waiting to see the ball first...see the ball...LOL

Jim S Sun Oct 02, 2005 01:27am

Gus, Always check the school web sites of the teams you work. A lot of them have their photographers put the pictures on these sites. I have gotten a number of them from school sites.

cowbyfan1 Sun Oct 02, 2005 04:24am

I could have made the TV news myself but my game was on a lightning delay when they showed up.. oh well.. an unfullfilled career. :rolleyes:

Snake~eyes Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:27am

Quote:

Originally posted by ref18
This morning I get a call from my assignor telling me to look at today's sports section, when I get to the section on high school football I see this pic.

http://www.dibattista.ca/images/j_at_goalline.jpg

First time so far it's happened, I was told, I'll probably never get a shot better than this one. :p

Which one are you? :D

Rich Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:51am

Quote:

Originally posted by Texoma_LJ
Congrats.. but youre braver than me having the whistle in the mouth during the play.

See ball, See ball with player, see player down, see whistle go in mouth, see ref blow whistle.

I wondered how long it would take for this to be posted.

I love the stirrup socks.

GBFBUmp Sun Oct 02, 2005 08:05pm

Quote:

Originally posted by cowbyfan1
I could have made the TV news myself but my game was on a lightning delay when they showed up.. oh well.. an unfullfilled career. :rolleyes:
I did make the TV clips this week. And I know because when I got home my wife said to me "Dear, I saw your heiney on 2 sportscasts tonight." Umpires get no respect.

ASA/NYSSOBLUE Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:22pm

Quote:

Originally posted by GBFBUmp
Quote:

Originally posted by cowbyfan1
I did make the TV clips this week. And I know because when I got home my wife said to me "Dear, I saw your heiney on 2 sportscasts tonight." Umpires get no respect.

at least she recognized your butt....lol

irefky Tue Oct 04, 2005 08:45am

reminds me of the Randy Cross commercial, no females recognized him in the bar until he bent over to pick something up, female said, "Hey, aren't you Randy Cross?"

That was a good one.

Forksref Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:42am

We're so small that we get our HS games on the sports news on Friday night. I've been on several times.

Darn, I run slower on TV than I think I am running.

No wonder those kids outrun me!

michaelpr Tue Oct 04, 2005 01:39pm

we have 2 local high school football shows on friday night. one at 11:30 (cbs) and one at midnight (fox). i usually have a camera man or two at every game i do. they both work hard to cover as many games as possible. being there are two, it makes the competition to get better footage increase.
if you are lucky you can get your whole game televised. i have only had one in high school so far.

Tom.OH Sun Oct 09, 2005 06:39pm

I saw myself on TV Friday night. Long 65 yard run, I'm the back judge. I beat the runner to the goal line thats all I hoped for!!