The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Sep 30, 2005, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member

We had the following simple play tonight and for some reason I'm still wondering about it. Any comments will be helpful.
NFHS Rules please. 1st and 10 for A on B's 30. A1 completes a pass to A2 at the 20 and he advances to the 10 where he is tackled. During A2's advance, B1 grabs A2's facemask. Where is the enforcement spot? Is it the 10 which would make it 1st and goal from the 5, or do you call this a loose ball play and the enforcement is from the 30, the previous spot, which would give A the ball on the 15? A would decline the penalty since they advanced the ball down to 10. Which is correct? Thanks for any comments.
Old Fri Sep 30, 2005, 10:51pm
Official Forum Member

After the ball is caught, from then on it is a running play. Penalize from the end of the run.
Old Fri Sep 30, 2005, 11:15pm
Official Forum Member

I tend to agree with you, but case book play 10.4.2 C says the foul cannot be added to the end of the run since the foul was committed during a loose ball play. Does a loose ball play become a runing play when the pass is completed?
Old Fri Sep 30, 2005, 11:17pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yankeesfan
Quote:
Originally posted by nelson_28602
I tend to agree with you, but case book play 10.4.2 C says the foul cannot be added to the end of the run since the foul was committed during a loose ball play. Does a loose ball play become a runing play when the pass is completed?
yes. penalty is put on end of run.
Old Fri Sep 30, 2005, 11:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nelson_28602
Yes. Once the ball is caught, the loose ball play is over. It becomes a running play.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Fri Sep 30, 2005, 11:58pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks everyone-I think I understand it now. I appreciate all of you who read and gave input.