The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 07, 2005, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Okay it's slow at the mines this morning and thought I'd share this with all of you.

Not that I overly enjoy working 3 mens flag football games in a row starting at 6pm with 20 minute halves running clocks, but I did it to help out our Parks & Rec guy so I'm there...

6 man teams with snapper on the line, QB can't run so you have an air game with 4 receivers, 5 if the snapper rolls out.

I have two more-than-slightly overweight guys on A and B which apparently think either Drew Rosenhaus, or an NFL scout, is among the 8 bored wives and girlfriends and the timer/scoreboard keeper.

"Randy Moss" and "Neon Deon" get tangled up on the next play and it turns to pushing, shoving and yelling at each other. I ask them to get to their sides of the ball and play ball which isn't happening. So now there are two fat guys taking turns pushing each other waiting for me to toss a flag on the other one and both teams are watching me. (I did their 30+ basketball over the winter and it was ugly too.)

Then they start arguing on which one of them should get a flag and why wasn't I gonna toss one!? I gave them time to continue with their catfight and didn't step in as I wanted to see just how far it would go since it was apparent both of them were wanting me to step in so each could still look "manly" in front of Drew and the Scout.

Finally when they grew tired and realized I wasn't going to do anything about it, they turned on me and wanted to know what I was doing there if I wasn't going to throw any flags. I told them I wasn't there to babysit the two of them and to get off of my field and go settle it behind the fence while we played on. When they didn't move I told them again, "You heard me, if you want to push and shove all night long get over the fence and take care of your business!"

After that they adjusted their panties went back to the huddle and I never had a problem the rest of the night.

WM

Old Wed Sep 07, 2005, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

sweet. sometimes the adults are worse than the children.
Old Wed Sep 07, 2005, 02:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelpr
sweet. sometimes the adults are worse than the children.
sometimes?