The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Hot off the rumor mill- NFHS (https://forum.officiating.com/football/21953-hot-off-rumor-mill-nfhs.html)

grantsrc Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:13am

Don't buy too many bean bags this year, word is Fed is switching to blue instead of white next year.

IAUMP Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:12am

Quote:

Originally posted by grantsrc
Don't buy too many bean bags this year, word is Fed is switching to blue instead of white next year.
Grant,my crew switched to blue this year as we feel they will be easier to find.

However, I found it interesting that you didn't post this rumor on your own site.

dh898 Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:48pm

How would blue be earier to find, except in a snow storm?

Snake~eyes Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:50pm

Quote:

Originally posted by dh898
How would blue be earier to find, except in a snow storm?
Well in theory if it landed right on a white line, but the snowstorm is a problem for a lot of people too.

WyMike Tue Aug 30, 2005 01:44pm

Quote:

Which would explain why a question on the Part II test was blue bean bags were mandatory or something similiar.

WM

Snake~eyes Tue Aug 30, 2005 04:32pm

Quote:

Originally posted by WyMike
Quote:

Which would explain why a question on the Part II test was blue bean bags were mandatory or something similiar.

WM

That's on the rules test?

William C Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:02pm

You had a question on the exam about a blue bean bag?
I took the National Exam tonite --and didn't have that one.
Was it the National exam you took --or a local one?

Patton Wed Aug 31, 2005 01:44am

I think I saw it on the mechanics exam.

cowbyfan1 Wed Aug 31, 2005 04:14am

I cannot see them forcing the officials to change to blue but at least giving them the option to "legally" use them if the entire crew uses them.

William C Wed Aug 31, 2005 07:53am

Mechanics exam??
We don't have one in N. C.
Interesting.

WyMike Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:00am

Quote:

Originally posted by Snake~eyes
Quote:

Originally posted by WyMike
Quote:

WM

That's on the rules test?

Mechanics Examination question 97 under the 'Time-out Procedure', Miscellaneous:

97. A blue bean bag to mark non-penalty spots is mandatory. (T/F)

WM

l3will Wed Aug 31, 2005 02:07pm

Blue bean bag NOT required

Of course, the answer to question 97 is false. I am looking
at the five-official officiating mechanics examination answer
key. They site page 10, which actually specifies...
"All officials must have proper equipment: essentials are a whistle, penalty marker, white bean bag bag to mark nonpenalty spots, game card, pencil and rubber bands or some device to keep track of the down number."

I know that blue bean bags are acceptable, too.

Snake~eyes Wed Aug 31, 2005 02:25pm

I think they will allow the use of any colored bean bags, they might say "white or blue" but I don't think they will force you to use blue.

KWH Wed Aug 31, 2005 03:02pm

I find it interesting of grantsrc to start this rumor, refer us to his website, which then has no factual support and does not even contain a link regarding blue bean bags.

I find it interesting that no mention of allowing blue bean bags was made at the NFHS Rules Committee Meeting in January 2005.

I find it interesting that no mention of allowing blue bean bags was made at the NFHS Rules Interpreters Meeting in July 2005.

I find it interesting that a member of the Officials Manual Committee states there has been no mention of promoting blue bean bags at their meetings and that rather the opposite is true, they are stressing that white bean bags are the only approved NFHS color, (see officials manual page 10.)

All things considered, I believe I can safely say, "Nice try grantsrc, but your little rumor contains no factual support!"

[Edited by KWH on Aug 31st, 2005 at 04:17 PM]

WyMike Wed Aug 31, 2005 03:14pm

Quote:

Originally posted by KWH
I find it interesting of grantsrc to start this rumor, refer us to his website, which then has no factual support.

I find it interesting that no mention of allowing blue bean bags was made and the NFHS Rules Committee Meeting in January 2005.

I find it interesting that no mention of allowing blue bean bags was made and the NFHS Rules Interpreters Meeting in July 2005.

I find it interesting that a member of the Officials Manual Committee states there has been no mention of promoting blue bean bags at their meetings and that rather the opposite is true, they are stressing that white bean bags are the only approved NFHS color, (see officials manual page 10.)

All things considered, I believe I can safely say, "Nice try grantsrc, but your little rumor contains no factual support!"

Interesting....