The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Aug 26, 2005, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

Question

I've reffed flag football for the past 4 years, and just started doing tackle football, so I thought I was set with all of my equipment and knew what I needed to get.

Turns out that the only equipment I didn't think of was shorts. I found out Tuesday that they were allowed for games at the JV level and below and placed an order with Honig's on Tuesday night. Unfortunately, my size is backordered until some point in September.

At this point, I'm wondering:

(a) What are some other good places from which to order equipment? (I've heard horror stories - particularly about a place whose name matches that of a popular Fox TV show - over on the basketball board, and don't want to wait several weeks for shorts to arrive.

(b) I'm working this Sunday, and I'd hate to be the one to force the other guys to wear knickers in humidity (frankly, I don't want to wear them either). Do any of you have suggestions for where I could find white shorts that would look somewhat acceptable on a football field?

Thanks for the help.
Old Fri Aug 26, 2005, 10:43pm
Official Forum Member

Mark, try Officials Corner, I have ordered from them several times and have had great success.

http://www.theofficialscorner.com/

But I don't think they will get to you by Sunday.

Maybe you could borrow an extra pair from someone in your association.
Old Sun Aug 28, 2005, 07:57pm
Official Forum Member

If you just need white shorts, just hit the nearest department store and buy a pair. It's what we do for lacrosse, and they're vastly more comfortable than the material that the knickers are made out of.

Otherwise, try a sporting goods store - there's an off chance they'll have something.
Old Sun Aug 28, 2005, 08:20pm
Official Forum Member

ump-attire.com

getofficial.com

hitrunscore.com

These are a few
Old Tue Aug 30, 2005, 04:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Roamin' Umpire
If you just need white shorts, just hit the nearest department store and buy a pair. It's what we do for lacrosse, and they're vastly more comfortable than the material that the knickers are made out of.

Otherwise, try a sporting goods store - there's an off chance they'll have something.
Finally found a pair of tennis shorts at a sporting goods store. I tried just regular shorts at department stores, but they're not selling too many shorts anymore, seeing we're already at the end of summer (at least for those of us up here in New England. )