The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Aug 08, 2005, 09:45pm
Official Forum Member

Anyone watching the game on Monday Night Football? Looks like the officials' hats have the NFL logo plastered on the front. (Also, not all of the officials are wearing the same style hat.) Is this going to be standard for this season?
Old Mon Aug 08, 2005, 11:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Anyone watching the game on Monday Night Football? Looks like the officials' hats have the NFL logo plastered on the front. (Also, not all of the officials are wearing the same style hat.) Is this going to be standard for this season?
I saw the Colts/Falcons game (in Japan) the otherday and it looks sooo ugly. I didn't notice they were not wearing the same style hat but the logo on the front is dumb.
Old Tue Aug 09, 2005, 01:17am
Official Forum Member

Yeah, I'm not a fan. The officials first sported the logo-hats in last year's Super Bowl; looks like they're here to stay.
Old Tue Aug 09, 2005, 06:47am
Official Forum Member

the logo is large on the front? If so, that is unattractive. The small logo on the side, near the back, or in the back at the base of the cap is nice.
Old Tue Aug 09, 2005, 07:55am
Official Forum Member

I caught part of the game last night. One thing I noticed was the Head Linesman, on running plays, would typically go into a semi-crouch position with hands on knees right after the snap. Maybe it was just the style of that particular head linesman, but I don't recall ever seeing that before. He only seemed to do this on running plays. (Of course with TV you can only see him a fraction of the time.) Is this a new mechanic?
Old Tue Aug 09, 2005, 09:35am
Official Forum Member

I don't think it is a new mechanic, maybe a style. At this level however, they don't want styles, they want everyone to be the same.

I like the shoulder straight and feet shoulder width apart. The one thing I am working on is spotting from the wing with the L movement instead of curving into the field to spot.

Old Tue Aug 09, 2005, 01:18pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Lightbulb Canadian Mechanic

The sideline mechanica north of the border is to where possible, stay parallel to the ball barrier so that when his forward progress is stopped, you're right there, with no need to worry about angling or curving in to spot the ball.
Old Tue Aug 09, 2005, 05:13pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Canadian Mechanic

Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
The sideline mechanica north of the border is to where possible, stay parallel to the ball barrier so that when his forward progress is stopped, you're right there, with no need to worry about angling or curving in to spot the ball.
And the CFL guys don't have the CFL logo anywhere on their uniform except the patch over their pocket.

The one thing we have that you guys don't is the Honigs logo embroidered on every piece of clothing, on the back of the colloar of the shirt, on the flap of the back pockets of the knickers and on the back of the hat.
Old Wed Aug 10, 2005, 01:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Heck the state here just apporoved that we can wear the white on the shoes like the NFL officials do but only if the entire crew wears them.

I hope the patch is not in the future. I don't like it.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.