The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Feb 22, 2005, 11:31pm
Official Forum Member

Anyone think patent leather shoes will ever make it to the football field? They have them for basketball and baseball, are they too shiny? Just thought it'd be an inteersting topic of discussion.
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 04:13am
Official Forum Member

Personally, I think they are. I like my shoes clean and shined, but not high gloss. Somehow, I just don't think it fits.

Just my opinion...
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 01:01pm
Official Forum Member

Since I am normally at the U, there is no way I would wear patent lether shoes on the field. It is hard enough to make my shoes look good for the start of the game as it is. There is no way I am going to worry about keeping patents shiny. Also, in basketball and baseball, the officials don't have the chance of getting stepped on as easily. Once you get a scuff on patents you can never remove it.
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 03:03pm
Official Forum Member

Question How about patent leather belts?

Just curious if anyone likes to wear patent leather belts and if they are worth the extra couple of dollars.

My leather belt from Honings.com seems to absorb sweat and leave brown stains on my knickers. The stains are mostly covered by the belt when worn.

Would a patent leather betl prevent this problem?

As far as patent leather shoes, I agree with the other posters that I don't like the high-gloss look. I clean and shine my New Balance shoes before every game and I think they look great as is without excessive shine.
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 03:24pm
Official Forum Member

Patent leather? Oh my gosh! No self-respecting official would be caught dead in patent leather after Labor Day
Old Wed Feb 23, 2005, 05:31pm
Official Forum Member

Re: How about patent leather belts?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Simonds
Just curious if anyone likes to wear patent leather belts and if they are worth the extra couple of dollars.

My leather belt from Honings.com seems to absorb sweat and leave brown stains on my knickers. The stains are mostly covered by the belt when worn.

Would a patent leather betl prevent this problem?

As far as patent leather shoes, I agree with the other posters that I don't like the high-gloss look. I clean and shine my New Balance shoes before every game and I think they look great as is without excessive shine.
I have a polyvinyl belt and I don't like it very much, I meant to get a leather belt in the beginning but I added the wrong one to my shopping cart. The polyvinyl is very stiff but it works I guess.
Old Thu Feb 24, 2005, 02:27pm
Official Forum Member

I got a standard leather belt this past season and I noticed that it did stain my knickers a little. The stains stay under the belt so it's not that big of a problem. Anybody else have that problem?