The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 31, 2005, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to BigGref
Hello everybody!

It has been some time since I have posted for football, but I would like get back in the groove. I was wondering if anyone here has been to the Personal Touch football officials Camp in California? If so, give some pros/cons, who you think should go, etc.; I am really intrigued by the camp and have not gotten anything back from the e-mail on the site.

http://www.refereecamp.ucla.edu/index.htm
Old Thu Mar 03, 2005, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Personal Touch FB Camp

I would recommend this camp to anyone who is willing to learn from the best in the business. The clinic is conducted with mass briefings, breakout sessions by position, and field scrimmages with local JuCo teams as well as the UCLA Bruins. If you don't improve your performance after attending this camp you should look for another vocation. It's not only a great mechanics and philosophical experience, it's a great networking opportunity as well. Anyone, from your fellow officials in training to the staff amd mentors, may lead you to another door worth opening in the officiating world. I'm a repeat attendee at this camp and enjoy it for a different reason every season!
Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 06:35pm
Official Forum Member

I have read about this camp several times in Referee. Is there anything as good as this on the East coast? It would be excellent if this was offered in the New York, Philly, DC areas. I know there are camps in the region but my question is are there any really as good as the one in CA that's so widely discussed?
Old Mon Mar 07, 2005, 09:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ljudge
I have read about this camp several times in Referee. Is there anything as good as this on the East coast? It would be excellent if this was offered in the New York, Philly, DC areas. I know there are camps in the region but my question is are there any really as good as the one in CA that's so widely discussed?
yeah I posted about it last week

http://www.officialforum.com/thread/18580
Old Mon Mar 07, 2005, 05:52pm
Official Forum Member

What timing! I asked a day late. As it turns out I just had my knee scoped so 4/1 might be a little early any way. 4/15 would have been nice. I'll keep an eye out for this camp next season. I appreciate your reply.
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ljudge
What timing! I asked a day late. As it turns out I just had my knee scoped so 4/1 might be a little early any way. 4/15 would have been nice. I'll keep an eye out for this camp next season. I appreciate your reply.
No problem the camp is normally around the same weekend every year.
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxbk
Ljudge....I worked a game out of crew last season with a MEAC official (also from the SJOA) and he spoke of the camp in Hampton Va....I called down last Friday and reserved a spot over the phone and put it on my CC....

March 4th was the last day...but it also stated that it was 120 person max...not sure if there are any spots left...The dates are April 1st - 3rd
thats the camp i am talking about
Old Tue Mar 08, 2005, 04:17pm
Official Forum Member

I was just on the Honigs page and they had a listing of other camps

http://www.honigs.com/browse_products.asp?Cat=2&Sub=60