The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jan 21, 2005, 08:14pm
Official Forum Member

Has anyone here attended the Ohio State camp? I've signed up for this year and would like to know what to expect.
Old Sat Jan 22, 2005, 12:34pm
Official Forum Member

I am a first time participant in this camp as well, so I do not have any knowledge of the camp to pass along...but was hoping you could answer a question for me....have you heard back from them with regards to your application being accepted?
Old Sat Jan 22, 2005, 01:51pm
Official Forum Member

I attended the Camp last year and it was a great experience. All of the clinicians were fantastic, and even though I am from ACC country, the folks at Ohio State were first class.
Old Sat Jan 22, 2005, 08:24pm
Official Forum Member

I emailed mine to them and followed up with another email. They got back to me. They suggested the Penn St camp the week prior if I didn't want the extra 2 hours to Columbus. It's run by the same folks with the same program, apparently.

I may go that route as it is closer. Here's the site they gave me - it's still under construction somewhat but the tab for About the NLCFOC works. http://www.nlcfoc.com

Quiggle, was the lodging included in the total price last year? What did you do the Thursday night you got there - it starts at 7 pm. How was Honig? Did you break out by position for all of Friday's sessions?

[Edited by ABoselli on Jan 22nd, 2005 at 08:29 PM]
Old Sun Jan 23, 2005, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Yes. the lodging was included, and more than adequate. Last year, we met at The Woody Hayes center, and held a talk from Jim Tressel, and Dave Perry. There were also a few others that spoke, but it those 2 were the highlights. It took about 2 hours. After that, we went to a local watering hole for a social gathering aand to learn our crew assignments for Saturday. Honig was great!!! Nothing else can be said but great, and classy!!! And yes, we did break out by position on Friday. It was very informative. DO IT!!!
Old Fri Jan 28, 2005, 07:31am
Official Forum Member

By looking at the applications, I'm assuming that the Buckeye and PSU clinics are for college level officials only, right?
Old Fri Jan 28, 2005, 09:18am
Official Forum Member

It helps to understand the college game, but I was not when I attended.