The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Oct 16, 2004, 07:47am
Get away from me, Steve.

Working a varsity game tonight. About 45 degrees at kickoff and it didn’t get any warmer. Well, it did start to rain like hell in the second quarter, which made it even more enjoyable. And it was homecoming -- all the convertibles with the homecoming court went to waste.

Actually, I didn’t have a bad time tonight.

First drive of the game. Ball is on B’s 5 yard line. A’s QB rolls right and throws over the line to a receiver about 2 yards deep in the end zone. He catches the ball and everyone on my crew is screened. The receiver’s back is to the L, a group of players blocking on the line screened off the LJ, the U was (essentially) looking in the other direction and the BJ got a great view of the receiver’s back. I had the best view of the play, which WAS a catch.

I yell over to the L, “He’s in! It’s a catch!” and he signals a touchdown.

After the point, the home coach is STILL running his mouth, saying that the ball hit the ground. He gets my attention and then yells at me that they’ve reviewed the video upstairs and it’s clear we blew the call.

OK, now predict how this little scenario played out.

Went to a Hooter’s and then went to a party where we got free beer.

--Rich

[Edited by Rich Fronheiser on Oct 16th, 2004 at 08:49 AM]
Old Sat Oct 16, 2004, 09:28am
Official Forum Member

Funny, this sounds like 15 yards for USC for using video during the game.

I'm betting the first flag got the coach irate enough that he then drew a second one, and got to watch the rest of the game from the parking lot.
Old Sat Oct 16, 2004, 06:14pm
Official Forum Member

54-0 at half. Running clock rest of the game. Simple enough.

The winning head coach, who is now 8-0 in his first year at a program that has a history of being miserable asked our White Hat and halftime what he should do. He had a lot of class, he simply didn't want to make it ugly. We told him he couldn't just tell his boys to quit--he had to keep them sharp for the playoffs. Ran the HB iso the entire 2nd half and still put up 14 more.