The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Rating Sheets (https://forum.officiating.com/football/15653-rating-sheets.html)

GPC2 Thu Sep 30, 2004 02:31pm

Does anyone have a sample rating sheet that is used (if used) to rate officials and/or crews for each game. I am compiling one and would like to see what others use. Thank you very much. Feel free to email me:

[email protected]

JamesBond Thu Sep 30, 2004 03:38pm

You've got mail.

sm_bbcoach Thu Sep 30, 2004 09:57pm

Quote:

Originally posted by JamesBond
You've got mail.
[email protected] jumping on the wagon,please.

THANKS

jumpmaster Fri Oct 01, 2004 08:58am

and I

[email protected]

thanks!

Dommer1 Fri Oct 01, 2004 09:14am

[email protected] please!

NASO has one here:
http://www.naso.org/modelevalform/index.htm

chiefgil Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:43am

NFHS Web site

JamesBond Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:50pm

I'll make it easy and post what I emailed GPC2.
Our association is rated by the coaches using the following system;
There are two categories. Category 1 is comprised of 4 scores on a scale of 0 to 5.
R1 is for judgemet
R2 is for game control
R3 is for rule knowledge
R4 is for position and mechanics.
Category 2 is comprised of 5 scores on a scale of 0 to 1.
R5 is appearance
R6 is attitude
R7 is communication
R8 is physical condition
R9 is punctuality

Add up the Category 2 scores to get a number and then average it with the other four Category 1 scores. The rating is then average. I hope that is easy to understand.
Have fun.

Jaysef Fri Oct 01, 2004 01:30pm

Forgive me for sounding like a rookie, but doesn't each state have a standard rating card, or form which coaches are supposed to fill out and present to the state throughout the season? I have asked the veterans in my association how a crew just 2-3 years in, gets varsity gigs, and have been told pretty much you've got to "get connected" with the vets and A.D.s, and obviously assignors. However, you must be rated as well. How do you get varsity ratings if you can't get varsity games without having a record of your performance?

I realize these are questions I need to get answered through my association, but I get the feeling the "good ole boys" club theory is rearing it's head.

2nd Yr. Ump

JamesBond Fri Oct 01, 2004 02:29pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jaysef
Forgive me for sounding like a rookie, but doesn't each state have a standard rating card, or form which coaches are supposed to fill out and present to the state throughout the season? I have asked the veterans in my association how a crew just 2-3 years in, gets varsity gigs, and have been told pretty much you've got to "get connected" with the vets and A.D.s, and obviously assignors. However, you must be rated as well. How do you get varsity ratings if you can't get varsity games without having a record of your performance?

I realize these are questions I need to get answered through my association, but I get the feeling the "good ole boys" club theory is rearing it's head.

2nd Yr. Ump

There is no good ole boy network by me. You move up based on two things. The first is years at each level. The second is based on demand. Ratings are used to determine playoff spots.

Bob Lyle Fri Oct 01, 2004 07:20pm

Quote:

Originally posted by Jaysef
Forgive me for sounding like a rookie, but doesn't each state have a standard rating card, or form which coaches are supposed to fill out and present to the state throughout the season?
If we have rating forms for the coaches, I don't know about it. Our organization rates their own officials at a roundtable of the referees.

chiefgil Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:34am

Louisiana

Each coach, visitor and home, is given a grading card during the pre-game coaches meeting before each game. They are asked to fill out the cards and mail them to the Assignment Secretary.

Each Referee has a grading sheet to evaluate members of his crew for each game.

Each crew has a grading sheet to rate the schools, ie; conduct of players, coaches, school staff, etc. At the end of the season our association awards a "Sportsmanship Trophy" to school that amasses the most points.