The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Sep 30, 2004, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

What would be the correct enforcement on the following situations?

Free kick.
(a) while the kick is in the air or (b) after the kick has been possessed by R we have holding by R at R's 45 and during the tackle of R87 at R's 30 we have a 5 yard facemask on K.

Thanks for the help.
Old Thu Sep 30, 2004, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

If the foul by R is prior to possession, you've offsetting penalties, re-kick.

If the foul by R is after possession, R can decline the penalty against K and keep the ball. K will have no option is accepting/ declining R's penalty. By rule, it will be accepted.
Old Thu Sep 30, 2004, 11:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Patton
What would be the correct enforcement on the following situations?

Free kick.
(a) while the kick is in the air or (b) after the kick has been possessed by R we have holding by R at R's 45 and during the tackle of R87 at R's 30 we have a 5 yard facemask on K.

Thanks for the help.
Free kick.
(a) while the kick is in the air we have holding by R at R's 45 and during the tackle of R87 at R's 30 we have a 5 yard facemask on K.

Double foul during a loose ball play. Do not consult. Replay the down clock on first legal touch

(b) After the kick has been possessed by R we have holding by R at R's 45 and during the tackle of R87 at R's 30 we have a 5 yard facemask on K.
R may keep the ball (clean hands)but must decline K’s foul and have theirs enforced. K has no options. Because the foul was beyond the basic spot (end of R87’s run) enforce 10 yards from the R-30 giving R 1/10 @ R-20 clock on the snap. Or R may accept the double foul and have the down replayed

Old Thu Sep 30, 2004, 11:21am
Official Forum Member

What we did was replay the down and I'm sure that is what the receiving team would have done if given the option. This was a 2-man crew working a 7th grade game and my 2nd time as a WH. What I neglected to do and didn't think about until I was eating dinner was...ask the wing what was the status of the ball when the holding occured. I'll get right next time.