The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu Aug 19, 2004, 08:48pm
Official Forum Member

Q#18: A receiver who has given a valid or invalid fair catch signal may not block an opponent during the down.

I'm probably reading into the wording as with the debacle in the way they phrased #63. I answered this as False. OK, the rules say he can't block until the kick ends. But, the down technically ends there. So, you can say False because the words don't say when the kick ends. You can say True because the down ends when the kick ends (which makes the situation true.)

Q48: Here we go again on IS v. IP. It is illegal substituation if a replaced player unsuccessfully attempts to leave the field prior to the snap, whether or not he participates in the play.

I answered false. If he participates in the play you have illegal participation. But, technically you have a multiple foul situation. It's IS until he participates, then you have IP. So you could say true to this as well. But who knows where their heads are at?

Actually, one more. #17. I put T for this. There was some disagreement that the ball had to be beyond 5 yards with members of my crew. I said because it made it to the 45 it met the 5 yard requirement and answered true.

Any ideas on these 3 Q's?