The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sun Apr 04, 2004, 02:55pm
Official Forum Member

Well guys it’s time again for UE monthly quiz. I can’t believe it’s April already. My how time flies when you’re having fun.

1. A 4/16 A1. The score is A14-B13. A4's punt is caught by B29 on A's 26 after a valid fair catch signal. During the down, B63 blocked A44 in the back on A's 28 and A74 blocked B95 below the waist on A's 22. Time expired in the fourth quarter during the down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

2. A 4/G B48. The score is A28-B28. QB A17's legal forward pass is caught by A82. A82 advances to B's 4 and fumbles. The fumble rolls through B's end zone. B79 roughs the passer. Two seconds remain in the fourth quarter.

3. A 3/G B3. The score is A28-B28 with nine seconds remaining in the fourth quarter. A8's field goal attempt is blocked. A78 recovers on B's 9 and advances to B's 2 where he is downed. The kick does not cross the neutral zone. Three seconds remain on the clock.

4. A 1/10 B12. The ball is on the left hash. QB A12 on B's 19 and throws the ball beyond the neutral zone to an area where no eligible receivers are located. During A12's scramble, A67 held on B's 15.

5. A 2/4 B8. QB A18 hands off to A44 on B's 13. A44 runs to B's 6 near the sideline where B55 hits him causing the ball to come loose. B38 then deflects the bouncing ball and B12 controls the ball while touching the end line.

6. A 3/12 B18. A16's legal forward pass is airborne when B34 grabs A88's jersey on B's 13, thus limiting A88's ability to jump for the pass.

7. A TRY B3. The snap is high after which A4 places and holds the ball for a place kick for A6 who is in position to kick the ball. B96 bats the ball from A4's hand, recovers and advances across A's goal line.

8. A 4/12 A18. A8's punt is caught on B's 47 by B21 who advances to A's 46 and fumbles. A94 recovers on A's 48 while grounded. Team A had six players on the line at the snap. B41 blocked A83 in the back on A's 44 during the punt.

As a side note to my good friend Bob M from last months quiz. There was some debate as to where to spot the ball on the roughing the passer play. As you may recall I tacked on the yardage from the spot of the recovered fumble. My thinking is we give A the benefit of all the legal yards gained for this foul as that seems to be the intent of the exception to this rule. The collective options of the others in my association tend to agree with me.