The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 29, 2004, 05:45am
Official Forum Member

Heard a while back, from very trustworthy sources, that there will be no NCAA changes for 2004. Now, I'm starting to hear otherwise.

Does anyone have any info on this?
Old Mon Mar 29, 2004, 01:07pm
Official Forum Member

Here is what I got from my college assigner. Going to Honig's Clinic at Mich. State this weekend. I'm sure we'll hear more since Dave Parry is scheduled to be there.

2004 NCAA FOOTBALL RULES CHANGES

Rule 1-4-5-m A glove is a fitted covering for a hand having separate sections for each finger and thumb, without any additional material that connects any of the fingers and/or thumb, and that completely covers each finger and thumb.

Rule 1-4-9-c Exception 3 A camera, with no audio component, may be attached to cables that hang over the team area.

Rule 3-3-4 When timeouts are not exhausted, an official shall allow a charged team timeout when requested by any player or the head coach when the ball is dead.

Rule 3-5-2-e While in the process of substitution or simulated substitution, Team A is prohibited from rushing quickly to the line of scrimmage with the obvious attempt of creating a defensive disadvantage. (Delete ‘and snapping the ball’)

Rule 6-1-2-b :Penalty Allow Team B the option of assessing the penalty for encroachment by Team A during a free kick from either the previous spot or from the end of Team B’s run.

Rule 7-3-8-c-4 Delete the possibility of pass interference against Team B when a potential Team A kicker simulates a scrimmage kick by throwing the ball high and deep.

Rule 9-1-2-o (Exception: A defensive player who is blocked into the passer.) (Exempts defensive player who is blocked into the passer from being penalized)

Rule 9-1-2-q Add to the rule: No defensive player who runs forward and leaps in an obvious attempt to block a field goal or try may land on an opponent.

Rule 11-2-1-d The referee, if he is equipped with a microphone, will announce the number of the player committing the foul.

Experimental Rule (Big Ten Conference Only)
Allow the use of video replay to review officials’ calls in games played at Big Ten Conference stadiums in 2004.
Old Tue Mar 30, 2004, 02:32am
Official Forum Member

That is the same list I read, so there must be something to it.

Keep us posted, alright?