The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jan 25, 2004, 07:15pm
Official Forum Member

Can anyone tell me if there is a rule for NFL players that prohibits them from wearing any type of jewelry or body piercings during a game? I know it is not allowed in the NCAA but what about the NFL?
Old Mon Jan 26, 2004, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Rule 5 Section 3 Article 4

In addition to the several prohibited items of equipment and apparel specified in article 3 above, the following are also prohibited:

(a) Metal or other hard objects that project from a player's person or uniform, including from his shoes.

The things referred to in the 'apparel specified' are things like non-approved pants, cleats, jerseys etc.
Old Mon Jan 26, 2004, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up Hey there.

Are you any relation to Lil' Kim?
Old Mon Jan 26, 2004, 09:49pm
Official Forum Member

jewelry rule

Thanks for the info. No Mike I am no relation to Lil' Kim only my cousin Kim who is not so little!!!! I should have asked this with my original question- Can a player be assesed a penalty or fine for wearing jewelry or a body piercing that would be covered under Rule 5 Section3 Article 4?
Old Tue Jan 27, 2004, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

well, here's what happens...

(a) For violation of this Section 3 discovered during pregame warmups or at other times prior to the game, player will be advised to make appropriate correction. If violation is not corrected, player will not be allowed to enter the game.

(b) For violation of this section 3 discovered while player is in game, player will be advised to make appropriate correction at the next change of possession; if violation is not corrected, player will not be permitted to enter the game. Provided, however, if the violation involves the competitive aspects of the game (e.g. illegal kicking shoe, an adhesive or slippery substance) player will be suspended immediatley upon discovery.

(c) For repeat violation; disqualification from game

(d) For illegal entry or or return of a player suspended under this section 3: loss of 5 yards from succeeding spot and removal until properly equiped after one down.

...or words to that effect.