The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 15, 2003, 01:20pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Team RED intercepts team BLUE'S pass and returns it 45 yards to the team BLUE 25. He is tackled near team BLUE's sideline. After the tackle, he jumps up then jumps up in the air, pumps his fist, lands, then jumps again this time spinning and knocks out a team BLUE defensive player. He was getting ready to put on his helmet as he ran on to the field.
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 09:02am
Official Forum Member

At a minimum you have a 15-yard USC foul against Red. Still Red's ball 1st and 10 at Blue 40. I'm interested to see what others say regarding Red's actions. You mentioned he stopped but didn't say how long he stopped for. I probably would have a hard time disqualifying the player since his actions weren't flagrant on the blue player as it sounds like a case of excessive celebration. But, at the same time you can't ignore the safety of your player. It's a weak argument to say he should have had his helment on before he left the team box so hopefully no one used that argument. He should however. It's possible though as I started to say, it's possible you may have a 2nd USC on that same Red player in which case he would be DQ'd for 2 USCs in the same game. I think that depends if he stopped long enough to be considered a 2nd celebration, and therefore, a 2nd flag. I'm interested to see what others would say on this. Tough call.
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 09:28am
Official Forum Member

"...knocks out...?"

Do you mean he was unconscious? Did this really happen?
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 12:53pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up From the description.......

I'm gonna dump the offender. From what is descibed , you have a dead ball USC.Then, time permitted, another...BUT, you also have a fight, or swing, or whatever you asc considers one......he's bye-bye. Now the WH has to administer the fouls, DB 15 for the USC, and another DB PF, 30 clams...all but one comes in here
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

This is one of those you have to be there, but from description I have to agree with chris. And it really depends on how hard he hits the player too.
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Re: From the description.......

Quote:
Originally posted by chris s
, you have a dead ball USC.Then, time permitted, another...Now the WH has to administer the fouls, DB 15 for the USC, and another DB PF, 30 clams...all but one comes in here
I'm not sure what you mean by ..."all but one comes in here".
The "all but one " is used for fouls commitied during a down. Penalties for dead ball fouls are enforced from the succeeding spot and in the order of their occurrence.

Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 04:14pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: From the description.......

Quote:
Originally posted by James Neil
Quote:
Originally posted by chris s
, you have a dead ball USC.Then, time permitted, another...Now the WH has to administer the fouls, DB 15 for the USC, and another DB PF, 30 clams...all but one comes in here
I'm not sure what you mean by ..."all but one comes in here".
The "all but one " is used for fouls commitied during a down. Penalties for dead ball fouls are enforced from the succeeding spot and in the order of their occurrence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James, got me!!!!Long day on Saturday, 13 hours working(not football) , my bad....I was tired.
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 08:38pm
Official Forum Member

That is what I thought would be the call. Thankfully, it did not happen, but came close in a game I saw Friday night. The player coming on to th efield was about 3 yards away, and the celebration "swing" did come close, but not enough for the player to even alter his run to the huddle. Just got my mind working "what if" and how would I handle it. I would have had at the least the 15 yards. Was not sure about ejection.
Old Mon Nov 17, 2003, 07:24pm
Official Forum Member

I don't think I'd eject him as it was clearly and accident. I would flag the excessive celebration and probably hit him with a personal foul as well. Seeing what happens does tend to affect what you would call.