The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 05:37pm
Official Forum Member

In the Seahawks/Lions game, Matt Hasslebeck(QB) fumbled and the ball was recovered in the endzone by Koren Robinson(WR). Is that considered a rushing TD for Robinson?
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 06:15pm
Official Forum Member

Do you see ANYTHING in the title of this site or forum that would indicate ANYONE here knows ANYTHING about fantasy football?!?!?!?!? Go to google.com and check for "fantasy football rules"
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 06:35pm
Official Forum Member

Um, do you see ANYTHING in my post that indicates this is a fantasy football question?!?!?!? It's a question about how the play is officially scored and why. Similar to this one:
http://www.officialforum.com/thread/10593

or this one:
http://www.officialforum.com/thread/10727

So, yes I did see something that indicated someone here may know the answer to my question. You obviously do not, but hey, thanks for the input.
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 06:39pm
Official Forum Member

Why would anyone give a rat's patooty about who gets credit for a TD if it were not for fantasy football purposes??? Besides, doesn't your league publish rules before the season covering how the scoring will be done?
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 06:52pm
Official Forum Member

wow mike,
Kinda harsh aren't ya...if you don't know or don't want to answer the question, just let it be....must be rainin in TX or something hu LOL :P
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 06:59pm
Official Forum Member

Nah, but it is time we start running off these fantasy football nerds.
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 07:04pm
Official Forum Member

Yeah, he must be really upset - he used the word "patooty."

[Edited by lblev on Nov 16th, 2003 at 06:06 PM]
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 07:26pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy Good grief. The guy just asked a question.

Quote:
Originally posted by TXMike
Why would anyone give a rat's patooty about who gets credit for a TD if it were not for fantasy football purposes??? Besides, doesn't your league publish rules before the season covering how the scoring will be done?
He didn't ask WHO got credit for the TD. He asked if the player who scored gets credit for a RUSHING TD. That's not an issue in fantasy football.

Sad day, Mike, chill out.
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 07:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lblev
In the Seahawks/Lions game, Matt Hasslebeck(QB) fumbled and the ball was recovered in the endzone by Koren Robinson(WR). Is that considered a rushing TD for Robinson?
I don't know the answer to your question. You might try NFL.com for statistical rules or check the box scores and see how it was credited.
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 07:41pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks for the reply. That's why I originally asked the question. In the box score on NFL.com, there is no credit given for that TD, which seemed odd to me. In other words, they scored 5 TDs but only 4 show up in the box score.
Old Sun Nov 16, 2003, 10:15pm
Official Forum Member

I beleive it's simply recorded as a fumble recovery for a TD. No rushing attempt for sure.
Old Mon Nov 17, 2003, 07:04pm
Official Forum Member

I was under the impression that you couldn't have a forward fumble with a recovery by the same team. Isn't the rule that if the same team that fumbles it recovers it, it goes back to the spot of the fumble, unless recovered by the ball carrier that fumbled the ball?

Or is that only in college?
Old Tue Nov 18, 2003, 07:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Simbio
I was under the impression that you couldn't have a forward fumble with a recovery by the same team. Isn't the rule that if the same team that fumbles it recovers it, it goes back to the spot of the fumble, unless recovered by the ball carrier that fumbled the ball?

Or is that only in college?
Only on 4th down in both NFL and NCAA.

In the NFL, if a player fumbles the ball forward and it goes out of bounds unrecovered, it goes back to the spot of the fumble regardless of down.
Old Tue Nov 18, 2003, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

I might not agree with TXMike's tone - but this is the third recent question that has nothing to do with the officiating of the game. I agree that they are starting to get annoying. He's probably right that this was a fantasy-football related question ... who else would care? I don't think this is the place for this kind of waste-of-space.

West Houston Mike
Old Tue Nov 18, 2003, 11:49am
Official Forum Member

You know guys, when we take that kind of attitude that an honest question is a waste of space, all it does is enhance our not so pleasant image of being nothing but arrogant @$$holes...if you don't care to read the post or answer the question so be it, let it go...if someone asks a question in an honest attempt to gain knowledge, I think we should be somewhat honored that they think enough of us as officials to think we would know the answer they are looking for. We all certainly are willing to offer our opinion on coaching of the game, and in reality it isn't about officiating...let's help ourselves out here and answer questions that we can even if they may be on the "fringe" of officiating...