The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 20, 2003, 08:38am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to LJnkansas
this scenario happended in our college game on saturday....help me out on the proper call.
A's try for the point after is blocked by B. The ball is behind the line of scrimmage and in the aftermath and melee for recovery, we had a B player bat the ball forward towards his goaline. What is the proper call and please reference in rule as so that I can read the proper ruling. My thought is that the extra point is not replayed and that the penalty is declined by rule...............but unfortunately i have been wrong before
Old Mon Oct 20, 2003, 09:33am
Official Forum Member

I'm not too familiar with NCAA rules, but I seem to remember something similar happening in a game I played in five or six years ago... It was an illegal kick instead of a bat, but I believe the enforcement is the same... They enforced from the previous spot, and allowed the kicking team to retry the point...

I'm sure the rationale is that since the place kick was never possessed, the kick never ended... And enforcing a foul during the kick behind the LOS would be from the previous spot...

But then, I've been wrong before too...
Old Mon Oct 20, 2003, 12:22pm
Official Forum Member

The foul by B happened during a legal kick play so enforcement spot is previous spot. It happened before B got possession so try will be repeated from the 1.5 (assuming this one was at the 3).

Take a look at 9-4-1-c (Penalty) and 8-3-3-b and 2-25-10-e.