The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 08:44am
Official Forum Member

From some reason, I thought if a team is granted a 4th TO, there was some type of penalty that goes along. Began looking in the rule book and couldn't find it. So I guess if the crew grants a 4th TO and realizes the team has already used its alloted TOs, the TO is ended and the 25 sec clock started. Any thoughts?
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 08:52am
Official Forum Member

That's the only way to handle, as far as I know. You shouldn't knowingly grant an additional TO.

This ain't basketball.
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

EVERYBODY on your crew and the coach for that team should know when a team has used all of it's timeouts. Granting a 4th should never happen.

The only situation that you can give what might be called a 4th timeout is for a coach's challege of a ruling. If your ruling is changed then nothing happens and you correct things and go on. If however you don't change the ruling then you flag the coach for delay-of-game and move on.
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 12:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrenkicker
EVERYBODY on your crew and the coach for that team should know when a team has used all of it's timeouts. Granting a 4th should never happen.

I always write the time and quarter for every charged time out and then makes sure I’m in agreement with the rest of the crew on how many are left. The only time I’ve had a problem with a time-out count was when one of the guys on the crew (I call him Inadvertent Pat) granted a TO a team who had none. When asked what he had written down on his card he confessed he had nothing!

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrenkicker
The only situation that you can give what might be called a 4th timeout is for a coach's challege of a ruling. If your ruling is changed then nothing happens and you correct things and go on. If however you don't change the ruling then you flag the coach for delay-of-game and move on.
If this was the case , when would start the clock ?

Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 12:32pm
Official Forum Member

Clock

Jimmy,
I would start clock on RFP if it was a runnin' and start it on the snap if it wutant

Warrenkicker,
I kind of know granting a 4th TO should never happen. I needed clarification from some of the fine gentleman on this board should this ever happen.
Old Mon Sep 15, 2003, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Clock

Quote:
Originally posted by Tbone
Jimmy,
I would start clock on RFP if it was a runnin' and start it on the snap if it wutant

Good call Tbone , that’s why you DA MAN !