The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 03, 2015, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why the on-field crew is paying for what is chiefly the mistake of the replay official. The CYA smells awful here.
A full crew suspension is definitely unwarranted. The IBB that was missed was really the only call they should have got on the field. The communication from the R was not great. As I turned off the game, I really thought replay overturned the foul, which obviously they cannot do (and apparently did not).

Aside from that, the on-field officials really didn't screw anything else up.

I agree that the RO did not perform well, but I cannot image the difficulty of that job, nor would I ever want to do it. From where I sit, the replays job is immensely more difficult than the on-field officials.
Old Tue Nov 03, 2015, 02:58pm
Official Forum Member

I'm in a similar boat as ajmc. I don't know the specifics of the RO and definitely would not want to be in that position either. The BiB I still thought was a BiB, but if it could not be reviewed, it is possible to be missed amidst the following of the laterals. The knee down issue does lie with the RO not on-field personnel as I doubt RT would have caught that (where was the linesman official's eyes / angle at the time?). Looks like he was watching #34 of the opposing team by the pics. However, he had a straight-on view. I will put blame on the RO, but I still hold the on-field crew got a raw deal.