The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 21, 2015, 09:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
After watching the video, all I can say is that it looked like a typical U of Michigan kickoff. Sorry Rut.

MTD, Sr.
KO's aren't the problem. Handling snaps in a punt formation (and the punt formation itself), that's a different story.

I am not a Walmart Wolverine, I have family that works at UofM or previously taught there.
Old Thu Oct 22, 2015, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
There was a time in my career where I had to do these games. Now I am a point of my career where I never have to work these games. Even when I could have used the money I choose to pass for my sanity. Even getting the money is often a hassle. Other than a brand new official, I do not see the reason to even work these games.

Peace

Unfortunately, this is also a main part of the problem with the lack of sports officials nationwide, not just football, but almost all sports. Entry level officials obviously err more than a veteran official when cutting their teeth and with the mindset, actions, and nonsense out of of some of today's fan base, spectators, and even player parents and coaches, a lot of these guys hang it up before they get a year under their belt, and may otherwise have blossomed into a pretty darn good official had it not been for a (insert here) berating them all the way to their vehicle on the way out.

This country has also gotten incredibly soft over the last 20 years. I branded it "The Wussification of America."

Last edited by Canned Heat; Thu Oct 22, 2015 at 09:19am.