The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Charging call - double trouble (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/9987-charging-call-double-trouble.html)

mick Tue Sep 09, 2003 08:57pm

I'm Trail (New Lead) and looking over my inside shoulder when R32 gets a quick break the other way, takes three dribbles and crashes into W10 and put her on the floor.

(<I>Screeeech!</i>) "Tweet!" (Elbows and ankles all over the floor) "That way!" (hitting myself in the back of the head)
<LI>RED Coach, "Mick! How can you call that! her feet were moving!"
<LI>TABLE (as we're throwing it in) BUUUUZZZZ! Mick, that's double bonus. (RED Coach to table, "Nope. ...Don't shoot those."

... Still early in the season. :)

oatmealqueen Wed Sep 10, 2003 07:56pm

Quote:

Originally posted by mick

[/B]

Mick,
I concur.
Had a coach tell me last night "Barb, they're setting moving screens on us everywhere"
Unfortunatly, there was not even the slightest amount of contact anywhere near these "moving screens".

mick Wed Sep 10, 2003 08:01pm

Quote:

Originally posted by oatmealqueen
Quote:

Mick,
I concur.
Had a coach tell me last night "Barb, they're setting moving screens on us everywhere"
Unfortunatly, there was not even the slightest amount of contact anywhere near these "moving screens". [/B]

oatmealqueen,
You get a new Officials Manual yet?
I expected one... yesterday.
mick

oatmealqueen Wed Sep 10, 2003 08:08pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mick,
I concur.
Unfortunatly, there was not even the slightest amount of contact anywhere near these "moving screens".

oatmealqueen,
mick [/B]

Mick--
no nuttin yet..
Man it's been hot in the gyms.. dontcha think?

mick Wed Sep 10, 2003 08:27pm

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mick,
I concur.

oatmealqueen,
mick

Mick--
no nuttin yet..
Man it's been hot in the gyms.. dontcha think? [/B]
Yeah. I broke a sweat in a three-whistle JV game and I rarely perspire. Next week will be Autumn.

oatmealqueen Wed Sep 10, 2003 08:41pm

[/B][/QUOTE]
Mick--
no nuttin yet..
Man it's been hot in the gyms.. dontcha think? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah. I broke a sweat in a three-whistle JV game and I rarely perspire. Next week will be Autumn. [/B][/QUOTE]

Me too... Bring on the cool air!!

bob jenkins Thu Sep 11, 2003 07:53am

Quote:

Mick,
I concur.

I usually respond with something like, "They're trying to set them, but they haven't been successful. When they are, I'll call it."

Nevadaref Fri Sep 12, 2003 01:31am

Quote:

I'm Trail (New Lead) and looking over my inside shoulder when R32 gets a quick break the other way, takes three dribbles and crashes into W10 and put her on the floor.

(<I>Screeeech!</i>) "Tweet!" (Elbows and ankles all over the floor) "That way!" (hitting myself in the back of the head)
<LI>RED Coach, "Mick! How can you call that! her feet were moving!"
<LI>TABLE (as we're throwing it in) BUUUUZZZZ! Mick, that's double bonus. (RED Coach to table, "Nope. ...Don't shoot those."

He's only gotten through the first half of the rules book! Wait another month.