The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 13, 2015, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

NBA playoff officiating staff today

I was looking at today's referee assignments and on the Hawks-wizards game there is a crew led by Mike Callahan. Official 2 is tony brothers- and official 3 is Cj Washington- a NON-STAFF official. The alternate is Brian Forte. Strange for the NBA to let a non staff official who's only been with the NBA 2 years and has only done like 5 games this year call the playoffs. Don't you have to be an official for at least 8 years to do playoffs? Thoughts anyone?(...APG?)
Old Wed May 13, 2015, 12:28pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstiles99 View Post
I was looking at today's referee assignments and on the Hawks-wizards game there is a crew led by Mike Callahan. Official 2 is tony brothers- and official 3 is Cj Washington- a NON-STAFF official. The alternate is Brian Forte. Strange for the NBA to let a non staff official who's only been with the NBA 2 years and has only done like 5 games this year call the playoffs. Don't you have to be an official for at least 8 years to do playoffs? Thoughts anyone?(...APG?)
According to the NBA website which I checked at 1:26pm EST, Tom Washington is the listed third official. I would wager what you saw was a typo, given that the Duke Callahan, Tony Brothers, Tom Washington crew has worked several games together this playoffs.
Old Wed May 13, 2015, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
According to the NBA website which I checked at 1:26pm EST, Tom Washington is the listed third official. I would wager what you saw was a typo, given that the Duke Callahan, Tony Brothers, Tom Washington crew has worked several games together this playoffs.
Just went back and checked it. Yep- but this morning Cj Washington was on the game. I guess the NBA website editor chose the wrong Washington. So is Cj the son of Tom?