The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Apr 16, 2015, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

2015 NBA Playoffs Officiating Staff

2015 NBA PLAYOFFS: OFFICIATING STAFF | NBA Official

The following Officials will be assigned to games in the first round of the 2015 NBA Playoffs:

Mark Ayotte, Tony Brown, Tony Brothers, Mike Callahan, James Capers, Derrick Collins, Sean Corbin, Dan Crawford, Joe Crawford, Marc Davis, Kane Fitzgerald, Brian Forte, Scott Foster, Pat Fraher, Ron Garretson, John Goble, David Guthrie, David Jones, Bill Kennedy, Courtney Kirkland, Eric Lewis, Ed Malloy, Ken Mauer, Monty McCutchen, Jason Phillips, Leroy Richardson, Bennett Salvatore, Michael Smith, Bill Spooner, Derrick Stafford, Josh Tiven, Tom Washington, James Williams, Sean Wright, Zach Zarba, Gary Zielinski.

The following Officials will be assigned as Alternates in the first round of the 2015 NBA Playoffs:

Brent Barnaky, Matt Boland, Nick Buchert, Mark Lindsay, Kevin Scott.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Apr 16, 2015, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

wow, joey crawferd still doing it?! hope I can be a ref for that long of a time.
Old Thu Apr 16, 2015, 08:52pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Ref View Post
wow, joey crawferd still doing it?! hope I can be a ref for that long of a time.
He's an android.
Old Fri Apr 17, 2015, 12:13am
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Ref View Post
Yep, at least until he retires next offseason.
Old Fri Apr 17, 2015, 06:13am
Official Forum Member

The guy works out like a machine. I know he's a polarizing official, but from the standpoint of a man taking care of his body because he cares about his profession, there is no debate. There's a lot to emulate there. My hat's off to him.
Old Fri Apr 17, 2015, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

NO DOUBT......Joey has attended the PIAA officials convention in Harrisburg PA the past three years....he and Ed Rush spoke last year AT LENGTH about officiating philosophy, etc....AMAZING to sit and try to take it all in.......
Old Fri Apr 17, 2015, 10:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Yep, at least until he retires next offseason.
He's actually retiring?!?!?! I knew Bennett Salvatore was retiring but I never thought Joey would.

Also APG.. Do you know where Eddie Rush and Rodney Mott are this season.? Both are on the roster this year but I haven't seen either of them work any games this season.

Also why aren't veteran officials like Scott Wall or Derek Richardson not officiating playoffs? Are their ratings just bad.. Is that it?

Last edited by kstiles99; Sat Apr 18, 2015 at 05:29pm.
Old Mon Apr 20, 2015, 08:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstiles99 View Post
He's actually retiring?!?!?! I knew Bennett Salvatore was retiring but I never thought Joey would.

Also APG.. Do you know where Eddie Rush and Rodney Mott are this season.? Both are on the roster this year but I haven't seen either of them work any games this season.

Also why aren't veteran officials like Scott Wall or Derek Richardson not officiating playoffs? Are their ratings just bad.. Is that it?
I haven't seen Mott all year. Is he hurt? I thought Rush had retired. Scott Wall is a 20 year NBA veteran who has never worked a playoff game. It must be disappointing for him to be left off the playoff roster. I can sympathize in that I've reached my goal in terms of the level that I officiate but I have never reached my "playoff" goal at that level (if that makes sense).
Old Mon Apr 20, 2015, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
I haven't seen Mott all year. Is he hurt? I thought Rush had retired. Scott Wall is a 20 year NBA veteran who has never worked a playoff game. It must be disappointing for him to be left off the playoff roster. I can sympathize in that I've reached my goal in terms of the level that I officiate but I have never reached my "playoff" goal at that level (if that makes sense).
scott wall has worked 11 playoff game in his career most recently in 2013 2014 season.
Old Mon Apr 20, 2015, 10:27am
AremRed

Rodney Mott has not worked any games this year. Haven't heard the reason.

I have heard Eddie F. Rush was struggling with knee problems, but was trying to work enough games to bump up his unemployment payout. Don't know specifics.
Old Mon Apr 20, 2015, 10:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYREF View Post
scott wall has worked 11 playoff game in his career most recently in 2013 2014 season.
Oops. Maybe it was Kevin Fehr who was in that position. My bad.