The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   NCAA-W: Princeton vs Maryland Block/Charge No Call (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/99585-ncaa-w-princeton-vs-maryland-block-charge-no-call-video.html)

SCalScoreKeeper Mon Mar 23, 2015 07:01pm

NCAA-W: Princeton vs Maryland Block/Charge No Call (Video)

Can someone pull the no call on a block/charge at 9:15 2nd half in the Maryland/Princeton game?

APG Thu Mar 26, 2015 05:18am

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JSCgboZle9g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raymond Thu Mar 26, 2015 05:35am

Lead was in position to see the play and the level of contact.

ballgame99 Thu Mar 26, 2015 07:27am

What was the gold coach griping about there? It was either a PC or nothing. Impossible to tell from that angle if the contact was significant enough, but based on the defender falling down not looking overly embellished it LOOKS like a PC.

bballref3966 Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:40am

I have no idea with this angle what the degree of contact was.

Brenda Frese is one of the more vocal coaches in the women's game.

mutantducky Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:06am

yeah to hard to tell if there was a push-off with the arm too.

JRutledge Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:36pm

Hard to tell anything. All I know that is the Lead was in a great position. And this play in NCAAW is all her call to make.

Peace

Rich Thu Mar 26, 2015 01:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballref3966 (Post 959220)
I have no idea with this angle what the degree of contact was.

Brenda Frese is one of the more vocal coaches in the women's game.

It's one of those where you root for the L to turn and whack the coach, even though you know she won't.

AremRed Thu Mar 26, 2015 02:20pm

PC. If you don't call the PC call the travel. If you call neither then whack the coach when she claps at you.

Rich Thu Mar 26, 2015 02:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 959234)
PC. If you don't call the PC call the travel. If you call neither then whack the coach when she claps at you.

I'm not sure she actually traveled, though. Looked like one foot held a spot.

One of my technical fouls this season involved a coach clapping at me.

AremRed Thu Mar 26, 2015 02:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 959236)
I'm not sure she actually traveled, though. Looked like one foot held a spot.

One of my technical fouls this season involved a coach clapping at me.

Good job taking care of business! I think her left is the pivot and she picks it up. So when she passes after putting her pivot down I'm calling a travel. But I hope I would have called the PC first. :D

Raymond Thu Mar 26, 2015 02:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 959237)
Good job taking care of business! I think her left is the pivot and she picks it up. So when she passes instead of shoots I'm calling a travel. ...

Why does that make a difference?

AremRed Thu Mar 26, 2015 02:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 959239)
Why does that make a difference?

I meant to say the pivot comes down before she passes or shoots, I'll edit my post. Travel for me.

Camron Rust Thu Mar 26, 2015 04:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 959227)
Hard to tell anything. All I know that is the Lead was in a great position. And this play in NCAAW is all her call to make.

Peace

Yep. I can not argue any point from what is in the vice aside from seeing that the leeward was in perfect position.

wyo96 Thu Mar 26, 2015 06:01pm

postion

While I agree that the "L" was right there, they way the play developed, she ended up a little too close and straight lined at the moment of contact. If you pause the video, "L", A1, and B1 all line up.

As the play developed, hard for her to be in better position, just one of those times where the "L" ended up with less than an optimal look.

From up in the bleachers where the video is shot, I have a PC.