The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   West Virginia vs Maryland (Video 2/2) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/99579-west-virginia-vs-maryland-video-2-2-a.html)

deecee Mon Mar 23, 2015 07:50am

West Virginia vs Maryland (Video 2/2)

Illegal screen around the 15:00 mark in the second half. Completely missed by all 3 and it was brutal IMO. By brutal I mean the contact, not in a dirty way.

VaTerp Mon Mar 23, 2015 08:59am

I was going to request this vid as well.

Admittedly, I was in full fanboy mode during this game but I thought it was a pretty egregious miss by the crew.

Raymond Mon Mar 23, 2015 09:43am

If it was the one I saw in the FB official's forum, I agree, that is just something that can't be missed.

ILRef80 Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:09am

Completely inexcusable miss. Eades was right there with a clear view of it and was either ball-watching or just decided not to call it (which would be an even bigger indictment).

deecee Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:05am

I thought this sparked like a 4-5 minute span where I couldn't figure out some of the rationale behind what was called and not called.

CNYREF Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:56am

You can see the C was behind a player and couldn't see anything cuz if you look close he's trying to get around a player to see. Eades probably stayed with ball to the hoop which is why I bet he missed it. C needs better position....but obviously this can't be missed..

luvhoops Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:15pm

And then when all 3 miss such an obvious call, why didn't they review it for possible flagrant/elbow?

They must have heard the player hit the floor and wonder what might have caused it. The coach/players were pointing it out too. With all that, why not meet and review?

Coach Bill Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvhoops (Post 958902)
And then when all 3 miss such an obvious call, why didn't they review it for possible flagrant/elbow?

They must have heard the player hit the floor and wonder what might have caused it. The coach/players were pointing it out too. With all that, why not meet and review?

They went to the monitor during the next timeout, and ruled it wasn't flagrant.

Raymond Mon Mar 23, 2015 01:03pm

Now, this is the type of miss that should cause crew members not to advance.

Mechanicsman Mon Mar 23, 2015 01:09pm

Video Request

Can I request the pass and crash at 1:14 in the second. The crew called block.

Multiple Sports Mon Mar 23, 2015 02:57pm

That isn't even in a foul in the Baltimore / Washington playgrounds during the summer. C'mon DEECEE, you know you can't call that at Berry Farms......BNR are you getting soft in the 757 ???? Guess I'll find out next month...

Raymond Mon Mar 23, 2015 03:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 958923)
That isn't even in a foul in the Baltimore / Washington playgrounds during the summer. C'mon DEECEE, you know you can't call that at Berry Farms......BNR are you getting soft in the 757 ???? Guess I'll find out next month...

Shall we discuss the illegal screen that was called in the Mavs/Grizzlies game that should not have been called, followed by an ejection?

AremRed Mon Mar 23, 2015 09:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 958929)
Shall we discuss the illegal screen that was called in the Mavs/Grizzlies game that should not have been called, followed by an ejection?

Yes, lets. Here is the play: Stoudemire Tossed | NBA.com

AremRed Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 958911)
Now, this is the type of miss that should cause crew members not to advance.

What basis do you have to think John Adams would pull an NCAA tournament game over that call? :D

Raymond Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 958973)
What basis do you have to think John Adams would pull an NCAA tournament game over that call? :D

Pulling a game is a lot different than not advancing to a game no one has been assigned to yet. ;)