The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Mar 19, 2015, 04:03pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Ole Miss vs Xavier (Video 2/2)

5:40 first half.

Then a missed 10-second call about 5:10.
Old Fri Mar 20, 2015, 06:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
5:40 first half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Then a missed 10-second call about 5:10.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Fri Mar 20, 2015, 09:51am
Stubborn Member

I have a simply shooting foul on the first play. Looked like the defender was reaching towards the ball, but hooked the shooter's arm instead. When he realized what he did, he reached out to grab the shooter to make sure he didn't fall because of the hook.

On the 2nd play I believe the ten second call was missed, as the offense didn't get the ball into the frontcourt. I didn't look that hard, so I suppose the offensive player touched the ball in the FC, and then the defender knocked it into the BC, thus no-call... but I'm not sure about that.
Old Fri Mar 20, 2015, 10:03am
Get away from me, Steve.

Well, I was wrong on the backcourt one. The ball had frontcourt status.
Old Fri Mar 20, 2015, 10:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanV21 View Post
On the 2nd play I believe the ten second call was missed, as the offense didn't get the ball into the frontcourt. I didn't look that hard, so I suppose the offensive player touched the ball in the FC, and then the defender knocked it into the BC, thus no-call... but I'm not sure about that.
You need to watch it again.
Notice that the ball is knocked out of bounds in the backcourt with 5:20 on the game clock and 34 on the shot clock. This means that the offense now has until 5:10 and 24 to make the ball obtain frontcourt status.
The pass is touched by a player (doesn't matter which team) in the frontcourt with 5:11 on the game clock and 25 on the shot clock, so no violation occurred on this play. The officials were correct to not blow the whistle.
Old Fri Mar 20, 2015, 10:12am
Stubborn Member

I see my mistake. The defender (red player) touched the ball while in the FC, eliminating the 10-second count. That same defender hit the ball into the BC, where the offense re-gained control creating a new 10-second count.
Old Fri Mar 20, 2015, 10:14am
Stubborn Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
You need to watch it again.
Notice that the ball is knocked out of bounds in the backcourt with 5:20 on the game clock and 34 on the shot clock. This means that the offense now has until 5:10 and 24 to make the ball obtain frontcourt status.
The pass is touched by a player (doesn't matter which team) in the frontcourt with 5:11 on the game clock and 25 on the shot clock, so no violation occurred on this play. The officials were correct to not blow the whistle.
I was looking at the offense (white) to touch the ball in the FC, ignoring the fact the defensive touch gave it FC status.