The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 08, 2015, 01:54pm
Do not give a damn!!

I think it is even worse on the Women's side because there seems to be not only an issue of gender, but what you identify yourself as too. Because it does not seem that the powers that be and what they claim to be is not in the complete background and who ends up getting assignments. I think there is something wrong when the same person works the title game over and over and over again. One of the officials on the Men's side worked the Championship game two years in a row and people thought that was out of line. But to have a certain official on this side work every year, there is something not right. There has to be someone else available or that deserves a chance at some point. And this kind of politics is one reason I never wanted to work Women's basketball. That distinction was obvious way back when I would go to those NCAA Meetings in Chicago in the early 2000s.

Peace
Old Wed Apr 08, 2015, 01:58pm
(Something hilarious)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I think it is even worse on the Women's side because there seems to be not only an issue of gender, but what you identify yourself as too. Because it does not seem that the powers that be and what they claim to be is not in the complete background and who ends up getting assignments. I think there is something wrong when the same person works the title game over and over and over again. One of the officials on the Men's side worked the Championship game two years in a row and people thought that was out of line. But to have a certain official on this side work every year, there is something not right. There has to be someone else available or that deserves a chance at some point. And this kind of politics is one reason I never wanted to work Women's basketball. That distinction was obvious way back when I would go to those NCAA Meetings in Chicago in the early 2000s.

Peace
I'm almost afraid to ask, but...please clarify...?
Old Wed Apr 08, 2015, 02:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCubP View Post
I'm almost afraid to ask, but...please clarify...?
Not going there in this forum.

Peace