The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Recognition of Playoff Officials (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/99520-recognition-playoff-officials.html)

The_Rookie Mon Mar 16, 2015 02:09pm

Recognition of Playoff Officials

Looking for suggestions on how different organizations Recognize Playoff Officials.

1) Annual after the season banquet?

2) Plaques?

3) Patch?

Or some other way...

Thanks!

Raymond Mon Mar 16, 2015 02:27pm

An email congratulating those who worked.

BillyMac Mon Mar 16, 2015 03:07pm

Recognition ...

Plaques for those that worked a state final, presented at our annual banquet.

SCalScoreKeeper Mon Mar 16, 2015 03:09pm

We don't even get that in volleyball.All we get is a text message from our assignor telling us to check our arbiter accounts that we've been assigned a playoff match.I wish we'd get an email especially for finals week congratulating those who advanced to that point and encouraging the membership to go and root them on.

SNIPERBBB Mon Mar 16, 2015 03:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper (Post 957923)
We don't even get that in volleyball.All we get is a text message from our assignor telling us to check our arbiter accounts that we've been assigned a playoff match.I wish we'd get an email especially for finals week congratulating those who advanced to that point and encouraging the membership to go and root them on.

Here in basketball, we go eat and nitpick everyone working the games at the Convo for district games.

For softball, our association gives a framed certificate for state-level games.

Camron Rust Mon Mar 16, 2015 04:26pm

Nothing given here except for an email announcement of who was selected (we select officials be be part of a pool for each classification that will work all games from the quarterfinals and beyond) once the selection process is complete, a mention at the end of season banquet with the addition of any championship games worked and maybe again at the first meeting of the next year.

I should add that while the association doesn't give anything to the officials, the state gives each official selected to be in the tournament pools a certificate and a medal. And quite honestly, the experience of getting to do it is far more treasured than any token. I am not even sure if I have any of my certificates or medals. They may or may not be in a closet somewhere. But the memories of doing them is something I will not forget.

Oregon made history this year (Oregon history, anyway) when a female official from our association was selected to be in the 5A pool and was also selected to work the boys championship at the 5A level. 6A is our highest classification. It was not the first time for a female to be in a pool that high but the first to work a boys championship game at that level....perhaps any level.

Rich Mon Mar 16, 2015 04:35pm

One association I belong to gives a plaque to all the state officials each year.

JRutledge Mon Mar 16, 2015 07:01pm

I belong to 3 different basketball associations. Each have done different things over the years. Usually email or website recognition has been done in the past and currently. Some have put logos on a jacket and bought the official a new jacket that worked the State Finals. Some have gotten pins, shirts or other swag that shows you worked a playoff game or State Final.

Peace