The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 13, 2015, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

Ejection for Auburn player (Video Request)

Can someone post the ejection of the Auburn player for a punch against LSU today?
The sequence occurred with 13:50 remaining in the second half following a made goal.

I found this video, but it may disappear and having a clip of our own would be best.
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-vs-lsu-video/

Last edited by Nevadaref; Fri Mar 13, 2015 at 09:25pm.
Old Fri Mar 13, 2015, 09:43pm
In Time Out

I like 31's reaction. He's like, "you bleeping hot-tempered idiot'

dude should be suspended for a few games.
Old Fri Mar 13, 2015, 09:55pm
TODO: creative title here

Foul on White #25 prior to Blue #25's punch?

FF2 (NCAA)/Flagrant (NFHS) on Blue #25 is well-deserved.

Would anyone here consider ejecting White #25 for his shove of the official? (I probably would, but I'll defer to more-experienced basketball folks than I).
Old Fri Mar 13, 2015, 09:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jTheUmp View Post
Foul on White #25 prior to Blue #25's punch?

FF2 (NCAA)/Flagrant (NFHS) on Blue #25 is well-deserved.

Would anyone here consider ejecting White #25 for his shove of the official? (I probably would, but I'll defer to more-experienced basketball folks than I).
No, I don't think the shove was malicious enough for ejection. Technical foul was the rignt call for his reaction.

Looks like a flagrant 2 technical and an unsporting Class A technical. In NCAA you shoot the most severe foul's free throws last. In NFHS we wouldn't have been shooting anything in this situation, just DQ'ing Blue #25 and going to POI.
Old Sat Mar 14, 2015, 12:28am
Official Forum Member

In HS....

Technical foul on white 25 for the action immediately after the shot went through the basket. Then a flagrant T on Blue 25 for the punch, which is defined as a fight. Being a fight, that makes white 25's action also a fight making it flagrant. Both are ejected. You could then have a T on white 25 for the shove on the official but it wouldn't matter since he's already ejected.

In NCAA...

, I believe you get to the same spot.

Dead ball contact T or Unsportsmanlike Class A on White 25.

Flagrant 2 T on Blue 25 for the punch/fighting, The only think I'm uncertain of is whether a DBCT can be considered as a trigger event for a fight. It certainly can for a Class A unsportsmanlike. If so, that would make White 25's action also a fight by way of Rule 4-26-4 and would lead to his ejection. If not, White 25 would only have DBCT. Either way, you'd still have an unsportsmanlike T on White 25 for shoving the official....which would be his 2nd and be an ejection. Doesn't really matter which way you go as both players would be gone.
Old Sat Mar 14, 2015, 01:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
In HS....

Technical foul on white 25 for the action immediately after the shot went through the basket. Then a flagrant T on Blue 25 for the punch, which is defined as a fight. Being a fight, that makes white 25's action also a fight making it flagrant. Both are ejected. You could then have a T on white 25 for the shove on the official but it wouldn't matter since he's already ejected.
Except for the two FTs that would be awarded to the opponent!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
In NCAA...

, I believe you get to the same spot.

Dead ball contact T or Unsportsmanlike Class A on White 25.

Flagrant 2 T on Blue 25 for the punch/fighting, The only think I'm uncertain of is whether a DBCT can be considered as a trigger event for a fight. It certainly can for a Class A unsportsmanlike. If so, that would make White 25's action also a fight by way of Rule 4-26-4 and would lead to his ejection. If not, White 25 would only have DBCT. Either way, you'd still have an unsportsmanlike T on White 25 for shoving the official....which would be his 2nd and be an ejection. Doesn't really matter which way you go as both players would be gone.
Don't forget that the unsporting Class A technical for disrespectfully contacting an official is a flagrant foul and carries an ejection according to the penalty section.
Old Sat Mar 14, 2015, 02:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Except for the two FTs that would be awarded to the opponent!

Don't forget that the unsporting Class A technical for disrespectfully contacting an official is a flagrant foul and carries an ejection according to the penalty section.
I was only speaking in regards to the ejections. Any way you slice this one, both should be ejected.
Old Sat Mar 14, 2015, 10:04am
Official Forum Member

I was initially concerned that we were trying too hard to justify calling a Class A or CDBT on W25 (the action that led to the punch by B25). But then I watched the video again, and noticed how the new T saw it and even started running in before the punch (that is really good awareness right there). Given that he saw enough to cause him to start running in before the punch was thrown, I think you have to have some kind of T on W25. Maybe if B25 doesn't throw that punch, you just blow your whistle, come in, separate and talk to the players ("you guys ready to play basketball today?"), and then put the ball back in play. But once B25 throws that punch, preventive officiating is no longer an option and you have to penalize them both with F2Ts under 10-5.4.

The box score only indicated one T in the game for W25. I sure hope this is a mistake and B25 got one, too (and an ejection). Anyone know for sure how this played out?