The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 07, 2015, 04:13pm
Courageous When Prudent

LSU vs Arkansas 2 plays (Video x2)

1) 9:58 of the 2nd half we have a P.O.V. type of play. Ignore the RA if you want to go strictly by HS interpretation.

2) 9:05 of the 2nd half, a jump stop and good basket by LSU. I know jar will have an opinion.

Again, thanks gurus if you find the time to pull these.
Old Sun Mar 08, 2015, 12:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
1) 9:58 of the 2nd half we have a P.O.V. type of play. Ignore the RA if you want to go strictly by HS interpretation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
2) 9:05 of the 2nd half, a jump stop and good basket by LSU. I know jar will have an opinion.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sun Mar 08, 2015, 01:06am
Official Forum Member

In the 2nd one, that I think that is close enough to the same time to be considered a good move. However, the first play was not....and it put the defender in a much tougher position such that he ended up with the foul. If the shooter had executed a legal landing after jumping off one foot, there would have been little to no contact. That isn't fair to the defender.
Old Sun Mar 08, 2015, 07:34am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

There difference between the two plays is the advantage gained by the second foot coming down. In comparison, the first clip has this step much closer to the hoop than the other foot in the same video. It was an actual step, whereas the second clip was just the normal landing spot of feet with this separation - iow, it wasn't a step.

Plus, in clip 1, B had verticality. Incorrect call by the L, I'm afraid.
Old Sun Mar 08, 2015, 09:36am
Stubborn Member

I don't see where the defender in the first clip did anything wrong. He was vertical, and the shooter jumped into him. Should have been a no-call.

In the second I have nothing. Sure, the feet didn't land at the exact same time, but it's close enough that I'm not calling anything.