The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 22, 2000, 10:35pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Dixon
Just a quick comment for those of you who are really reading the rules reviews. I was looking very closely at case book play 9.12B, and one of its references. It cited 6-7-9, which you will see later this week in Thursday’s update is not applicable. Then I looked more closely and began to wonder why 9-1 and 9-12 were not included.

Look at this one, and see if you can determine why it does not state, “A violation, as in 9-2 through 12, occurs.” I realize that the ball sometimes does not become dead on a violation that occurs during a free throw, so 9-1 does not apply. What about goaltending (9-12)? Let’s generate some comments or opinions. You can also directly email me.

Old Mon Oct 23, 2000, 07:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Dixon
Just a quick comment for those of you who are really reading the rules reviews. I was looking very closely at case book play 9.12B, and one of its references. It cited 6-7-9, which you will see later this week in Thursday’s update is not applicable. Then I looked more closely and began to wonder why 9-1 and 9-12 were not included.

Look at this one, and see if you can determine why it does not state, “A violation, as in 9-2 through 12, occurs.” I realize that the ball sometimes does not become dead on a violation that occurs during a free throw, so 9-1 does not apply. What about goaltending (9-12)? Let’s generate some comments or opinions. You can also directly email me.
Prior to the 98-99 rule book, BI and goaltending were both included in section 9-11. Rule 6-7-9 correctly referred to "9-2 through 11".

In 98-99, GT was broken out and given its own section, 9-12. Rule 6-7-9 was not updated to reflect this chage; it should have been.
Old Mon Oct 23, 2000, 10:45am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
BI & GT

Jackie Loube was here yesterday for our state master clinic. He mentioned that on IAABO's exam for new officials that the #1 missed question every year was on BI & GT. I guess that is why we don't let newbies call varsity?