The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Miami at Duke (FF1 or Shooting Foul) (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/99050-miami-duke-ff1-shooting-foul-video.html)

JRutledge Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:51pm

Miami at Duke (FF1 or Shooting Foul) (Video)

9:14 in the second half.

Play from behind and shooter falls hard.

Peace

frezer11 Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 950184)
9:14 in the second half.

Play from behind and shooter falls hard.

Peace

I think they did the right thing, pretty minimal contact, if any. He just happened to fall awkwardly. The announcer made it sound a lot worse than it was

crosscountry55 Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by frezer11 (Post 950188)
i think they did the right thing, pretty minimal contact, if any. He just happened to fall awkwardly. The announcer made it sound a lot worse than it was

+1

jeremy341a Wed Jan 14, 2015 01:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by frezer11 (Post 950188)
I think they did the right thing, pretty minimal contact, if any. He just happened to fall awkwardly. The announcer made it sound a lot worse than it was

I agree he was pleading for a F1. The replay showed that to be false. I think if they were allowed they would have erased the foul as I don't believe there was contact. If there was contact it was minuscule.

APG Sun Jan 18, 2015 05:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy341a (Post 950297)
I agree he was pleading for a F1. The replay showed that to be false. I think if they were allowed they would have erased the foul as I don't believe there was contact. If there was contact it was minuscule.

Not saying it was a foul or not...for an airborne player in this situation, sometimes "miniscule" contact is all that is needed to put a player in this situation off balance.

Anyhow, here's the play:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kbe-Jrr1b9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AremRed Sun Jan 18, 2015 05:39am

F1, not playing the ball.

Camron Rust Sun Jan 18, 2015 06:00am

Foul...no upgrade. Didn't even try to foul the guy....tried to avoid him but got unlucky and clipped his foot.

Raymond Sun Jan 18, 2015 09:25am

I would have an FF1 initially, but downgrade after review.

crosscountry55 Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:33am

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 950833)
I would have an FF1 initially, but downgrade after review.

Can you do that? I thought you could downgrade a F2 to an F1, but not F1 to non-flagrant...

But it has been a few years since I read that part of the NCAA M/W rulebooks.

walt Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:00am

NCAAW (voluntary use of monitor):

1. After a call has been made, determine if a flagrant 2 personal foul, flagrant 2 contact technical foul, flagrant 1 personal foul or a contact dead ball technical foul occurred. When it is determined that a flagrant 2 personal or flagrant 2 contact technical foul did not occur but a flagrant 1 personal foul or contact dead ball technical foul or common foul did occur, those fouls shall be penalized accordingly. However, no other infractions may be penalized. When the review discloses, by indisputable evidence, that there was no contact, the foul call shall be reversed with no foul charged.

a. When there is a foul called for contact, the officials, with a plausible reason, may review the severity of that foul during the dead ball period following the call. When the ball becomes live, there shall be no review of the made call.