The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Dec 13, 2014, 05:44pm
In Time Out

How would you call it?

Tyson Chandler of Dallas Mavericks swats shoe out of air against Golden State Warriors - ESPN Dallas

that was funny. But really would you call anything? It was in the court, in the air, I don't really have a problem with it. If it was handed and he came in and knocked it I would have or if the shoe was lying around and he chucked it into the stands. But I'm fine with no T.
Old Sun Dec 14, 2014, 05:02am
Official Forum Member

I gotta be honest and say that if I saw that happen in a game, I'd probably wonder what I just saw and blow the whistle to stop play. Now that I've seen it and might mentally be prepared for something like that, I'd strongly have to consider an unsporting technical foul in HS.
Old Sun Dec 14, 2014, 06:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindolbat View Post
...an unsporting technical foul in HS.
Yep, whack.
Old Sun Dec 14, 2014, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

If the player was just reacting to the shoe flying nearby and swated out of instinct I'd let it go. But in the video the player goes out of his way (taking several steps sideways) to purposefully swat the shoe so it gets a T from me.
Old Sun Dec 14, 2014, 11:34am
Do not give a damn!!

I think this was so unusual, that the officials honestly never thought about it. I guess you could give a T, but I certainly see why you wouldn't.

Peace
Old Mon Dec 15, 2014, 10:38am
Often wrong never n doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I think this was so unusual, that the officials honestly never thought about it. I guess you could give a T, but I certainly see why you wouldn't.

Peace
I agree. I bet the officials thoughts were similar to the look Steve Kerr had on his face.
Old Mon Dec 15, 2014, 04:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy341a View Post
I agree. I bet the officials thoughts were similar to the look Steve Kerr had on his face.
You guys don't give the professional officials much credit by saying that they would be shocked and surprised by this action. It is not as if these guys are newbies. Don't you think that those working at this level would have encountered such goofiness before or seen video of something such as this in their preparation?