The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 03, 2014, 09:58pm
Official Forum Member

Foul during the free throw

Need help quickly. Here's what I done. Now that the players can enter the lane on the release we may have this. A1 has released the first free throw of his one and one when A2 fouls B1.free throw was successful so we cleared the lane and let him shoot his second free throw. After that we let Team B go to the other end and attempt their one and one as normal with players lined up. I need casebook or rulebook to back this up if indeed i done it right.keep in mind the free throw attempt was already released so no team control. Please help me out I got people wanting to know. Thanks in advance
Old Wed Dec 03, 2014, 10:07pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moref View Post
Need help quickly. Here's what I done. Now that the players can enter the lane on the release we may have this. A1 has released the first free throw of his one and one when A2 fouls B1.free throw was successful so we cleared the lane and let him shoot his second free throw. After that we let Team B go to the other end and attempt their one and one as normal with players lined up. I need casebook or rulebook to back this up if indeed i done it right.keep in mind the free throw attempt was already released so no team control. Please help me out I got people wanting to know. Thanks in advance

MorRef:

You did it correctly. A-2's foul on B1 created a False Double Foul. The penalties for each foul in a FDF are imposed and they are imposed in the order the fouls were committed. The ball is put back into play as if the last foul was the only foul committed.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Wed Dec 03, 2014, 10:17pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks
Old Thu Dec 04, 2014, 12:11am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by moref View Post
Good job. While we'll probably se it more, this is something that has always been possible.