The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Nov 30, 2014, 09:03pm
AremRed

Tough play. At first I thought the tech was on the defensive player, until I saw the elbow. Both players were at fault for not stopping, and the offensive player was the only one to escalate so I agree with the call. Not much you can do here other than hit the whistle, close down, and hope they stop. It's on them.
Old Sun Nov 30, 2014, 11:14pm
Official Forum Member

Yes the black player rode the white team player, in an apparently chastising manner, long after the blocking violation was called. In effect, black continued fouling white after the whistle by continually riding/hedging white after the whistle, no?
Old Mon Dec 01, 2014, 12:45am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Ref View Post
Yes the black player rode the white team player, in an apparently chastising manner, long after the blocking violation was called. In effect, black continued fouling white after the whistle by continually riding/hedging white after the whistle, no?
Right. And the halfhearted "elbow" was no more significant than what the defender was doing. Both deserved the T if one deserved the T. Both were responsible for dead ball contact of a similar intensity.
Old Mon Dec 01, 2014, 12:49am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by camron rust View Post
right. And the halfhearted "elbow" was no more significant than what the defender was doing. Both deserved the t if one deserved the t. Both were responsible for dead ball contact of a similar intensity.
+1

Lonesome Dove
Old Mon Dec 01, 2014, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Right. And the halfhearted "elbow" was no more significant than what the defender was doing. Both deserved the T if one deserved the T. Both were responsible for dead ball contact of a similar intensity.
*very well-written! me like.
Old Mon Dec 01, 2014, 06:46pm
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Tough to call a T only on the OK player when the Butler player kept harassing and riding him long after the whistle. If it is for contact, I think you have to get them both or neither.
Totally agree. The Butler player was punking him. The whistle had blown and he was purposefully continuing to make contact with the Oklahoma player.

Could be a double T. Could be a “Hey, knock that crap off guys.”, depending on how the rest of the game has gone, etc.
Old Tue Dec 02, 2014, 10:19am
Often wrong never n doubt

Just to play devils advocate here, but If the defender could have stopped moving laterally after the whistle couldn't the offensive player stopped moving forward?