The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Wisconsin, Boise St. Vid request (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/98689-wisconsin-boise-st-vid-request-video.html)

pfan1981 Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:33pm

Wisconsin, Boise St. Vid request (Video)

Block call at 9:41 in the first. Looked like the C maybe had it the other way. Sure looked like Jackson initiated the contact and the Boise St. Player may have had LGP.

APG Sun Nov 23, 2014 04:41am

Want to point out that I have seen this...I do not have access to games on the Big Ten Network...at least through conventional means (don't have it as part of my sports package so I can authenticate using TV provider).

I will still see if I can find a copy of the game though.

JetMetFan Mon Nov 24, 2014 07:23pm

I'm hunting it down as well...see APG, I'm still alive :D

I have BTN but I can't get the streaming program to work on my desktop. When that gets solved look out!

jeschmit Tue Nov 25, 2014 02:51pm

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hSKrNzMyU3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AremRed Wed Nov 26, 2014 01:15am

Charge. Defender established and never lost LGP, offensive player went to-and-through.

Sharpshooternes Wed Nov 26, 2014 02:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by AremRed (Post 944769)
Charge. Defender established and never lost LGP, offensive player went to-and-through.

This.

JRutledge Wed Nov 26, 2014 02:27am

That should have been an easy charge.

Peace

HokiePaul Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10am

Wish I knew what L was thinking -- seems like a very easy charge call.

Wouldn't this have been the C's call to take also, since it originated from a drive right in front of C?

ballgame99 Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:41am

Punch it! Easy charge.

Rich Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:52am

I was there.

(1) I think the double-whistle threw off the lead. The foul was right at the FT line in a spot where primaries came together.

(2) I was with another official at the game, although we have season tix in different locations in the arena. We texted each other when this happened, both saying we thought this was a fairly straightforward charge from the comfort of our upper-deck seats.

(3) It's in transition -- who should come get this? One could make an argument for the L or the C.

Calls get missed. Shrug.

johnny d Wed Nov 26, 2014 01:59pm

In NCAA-M this should be the C's call. Defender was primary defender on play originating from C. C should have first crack.

jritchie Wed Nov 26, 2014 02:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny d (Post 944831)
In NCAA-M this should be the C's call. Defender was primary defender on play originating from C. C should have first crack.

Agree, and when the C comes running in right to the spot of the foul, the L should have definitely let him take it.:D

Camron Rust Wed Nov 26, 2014 04:15pm

Basic charge. Shouldn't have been difficult for an official refereeing the defense.

BryanV21 Wed Nov 26, 2014 05:42pm

If the L was confused by the double whistle, then why didn't he stick with his preliminary signal and look to the C before signaling a blocking foul?

We're taught to hold our preliminary/stop clock signals on a double whistle, then look to our partner to see where to go from there. In this case the C was right there, and it was the primary defender, so the L should have passed this call off.

bob jenkins Wed Nov 26, 2014 06:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanV21 (Post 944849)
If the L was confused by the double whistle, then why didn't he stick with his preliminary signal and look to the C before signaling a blocking foul? .

Because, for whatever reason, it's hard to do so as L. It's much easier to do so as C or T.