The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   BI in Question: Syracuse/Iowa (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/98682-bi-question-syracuse-iowa-video.html)

bballref3966 Fri Nov 21, 2014 05:39pm

BI in Question: Syracuse/Iowa (Video)

About the 3:30 mark in the first half. Syracuse player may have committed BI on Iowa's end. No call and ESPN didn't show a replay.

bballref3966 Fri Nov 21, 2014 05:43pm

Just showed a replay out of the media TO. It looked to me like the Syracuse player touched the net while the ball was not on or within the basket, which would be no violation. ESPN then showed an incomplete rules reference on BI which basically said that you can't touch the net while the ball is in the cylinder, which is not true.

APG Sun Nov 23, 2014 04:29am

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/UiEZBLGDa0Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bob jenkins Sun Nov 23, 2014 08:43am

Pretty sure he travelled.

No BI.

JRutledge Sun Nov 23, 2014 09:19am

No BI IMO.

Peace

AremRed Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:53am

Nothing.

BillyMac Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:57am

The Bunny Hop (Ray Anthony, 1952) ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob jenkins (Post 944470)
Pretty sure he traveled.

Agree, but only after I watched the slow motion replay three times.

http://youtu.be/EmC1KyxhEJU

JRutledge Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:33pm

He is at it again. SMDH!!!!

Peace

BigCat Sun Nov 23, 2014 01:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 944481)
Agree, but only after I watched the slow motion replay three times.

The Bunny Hop from The Ray Anthony Show (1953) - YouTube

I just can't tell if he had the ball before he hopped up. He let it come into the chest so may have had both feet off floor when controlled. Comes down on left,step right and up. Ok. What I'm certain of is that I would not call that travel as I'm sure you wouldn't either. No BI either.

What is far more important, however, --the bunny hop video --I watched a good portion of it ....it was bad, flagrant...

BillyMac Sun Nov 23, 2014 02:04pm

Do The Bunny Hop, Hop, Hop, Hop ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCat (Post 944484)
I just can't tell if he had the ball before he hopped up. He let it come into the chest so may have had both feet off floor when controlled. Comes down on left,step right and up. What I'm certain of is that I would not call that travel as I'm sure you wouldn't either.

Agree. The best video look was from under the basket, and as the lead, I'm probably looking at any foul possibilities with the "body", or "up top", I'm not looking at his feet.

The 'Bunny Hop" may, or may not, have been a travel, and when I'm not sure, I don't sound my whistle.

BillyMac Sun Nov 23, 2014 02:06pm

Curiosity Killed The BigCat ...

Quote:

What is far more important, however, the bunny hop video, I watched a good portion of it, it was bad, flagrant...

Why did you watch a "good portion" of it? Did you think that it was going to get better?

Also, since you're a relative newbie here, members should never, no, strike that, must never, admit that they watched any of the videos that I post. It only encourages me.

Listen to Adam's sage advice:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 944460)
Please don't feed the BillyMac.

Camron Rust Sun Nov 23, 2014 03:03pm

Quote:

What is far more important, however, --the bunny hop video --I watched a good portion of it ....it was bad, flagrant...

While the dancing, and even the lyrics, in that video was indeed just plain silly, the music was actually pretty good.

And I don't' have BI either. His hand was no longer touching the rim when the ball finally got to it. It also appears it was clear of the net too.

BigCat Sun Nov 23, 2014 03:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMac (Post 944486)
Why did you watch a "good portion" of it? Did you think that it was going to get better?

Also, since you're a relative newbie here, members should never, no, strike that, must never, admit that they watched any of the videos that I post. It only encourages me.

Listen to Adam's sage advice:

Watched out of curiosity. I have only 8 lives left after that....:)

AremRed Sun Nov 23, 2014 09:32pm

What travel? Player gathers the ball with both feet off the floor. Left foot is first foot down making that the pivot. Steps with the right foot, lifts left foot but does not put left down again before shooting.

twocentsworth Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:32pm

that not a travel OR BI.