The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   New FAT STRIPE shirts they are making us use in VA (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/98326-new-fat-stripe-shirts-they-making-us-use-va.html)

JMUplayer Thu Aug 21, 2014 01:21pm

New FAT STRIPE shirts they are making us use in VA

Anyone know where the best price is?

Raymond Thu Aug 21, 2014 01:49pm

I bought one from the VHSL's personal business partner when they first came out and my HS board is supposed to buying one for all officials this season. Far as I know, the price was around $40-45.

I never researched the online price from Honig's.

grunewar Thu Aug 21, 2014 06:24pm

I recently got one from "Terry's Official Call" in WV (our supplier). If you can't find their info PM me. $39.00 plus S/H = $47.95 (tax deductible of course) ;)

Last yr if we ordered ours at our pre-season clinic from Terry's, we didn't have to pay for S/H.

Of course, last yr was the first yr for the shirts. This yr they may have sufficient numbers in stock at the clinic and we may be able to pick them up there without having to order them and having them shipped.

HokiePaul Fri Aug 22, 2014 07:11am

I purchased mine from Rivanna Gear last year. They were listed at $49.95 each + S&H, but I believe that Rivanna had a deal with Cliff Keen and VHSL(and had a discount code) that knocked $10 off the price/shirt. So basically $40 + S/H per shirt.

Raymond Fri Aug 22, 2014 09:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokiePaul (Post 939262)
I purchased mine from Rivanna Gear last year. They were listed at $49.95 each + S&H, but I believe that Rivanna had a deal with Cliff Keen and VHSL(and had a discount code) that knocked $10 off the price/shirt. So basically $40 + S/H per shirt.

That's what I did.

Still don't like the arrangement. Somebody affiliated with the VHSL got some kind of financial benefit from the deal, it would take a lot to convince me otherwise.

CountTheBasket Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 939245)
I recently got one from "Terry's Official Call" in WV (our supplier). If you can't find their info PM me. $39.00 plus S/H = $47.95 (tax deductible of course) ;)

Last yr if we ordered ours at our pre-season clinic from Terry's, we didn't have to pay for S/H.

Of course, last yr was the first yr for the shirts. This yr they may have sufficient numbers in stock at the clinic and we may be able to pick them up there without having to order them and having them shipped.

Same price from Purchase Officials...delivered quickly, no complaints. Don't think you're gonna find it any cheaper than that...just a cost of doing business

DRJ1960 Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:34pm

Sporting Goods store behind Regency Sq off of Parham (Dixie Sports, I think)... about $40 last yr.

Lcubed48 Sat Aug 23, 2014 07:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRJ1960 (Post 939275)
Sporting Goods store behind Regency Sq off of Parham (Dixie Sports, I think)... about $40 last yr.

I bought one there in June. The price is still the same. I still think they're ugly looking.

JMUplayer Mon Aug 25, 2014 07:16am

Our association as a whole contacted a supplier and got them for $35 each... i'm sure we are ordering a couple hundred though....

Was curious what price was around the state....

Rich Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:09am

Does nobody care about the quality of the shirt and only the price? I'm just amazed that the only thing being mentioned here is price.

Maybe there are some polyester models out there for $20 - you should keep looking. :D

justacoach Mon Aug 25, 2014 01:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich (Post 939318)
Does nobody care about the quality of the shirt and only the price? I'm just amazed that the only thing being mentioned here is price.

Maybe there are some polyester models out there for $20 - you should keep looking. :D

Can you spell m-o-n-o-p-o-l-y?
This is a Virginia specific situation. Acceptable shirts, per VHSL, must have the new, improved VHSL logo sublimated onto the fabric. Only VHSL can supply this trademarked design.

JMUplayer Mon Aug 25, 2014 03:26pm

Everyones agrees it's a total money grab...... but what you can you do?

I haven't heard one argument from the VHSL on why they made the change....

HokiePaul Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by justacoach (Post 939347)
Can you spell m-o-n-o-p-o-l-y?
This is a Virginia specific situation. Acceptable shirts, per VHSL, must have the new, improved VHSL logo sublimated onto the fabric. Only VHSL can supply this trademarked design.

My understanding is that the sublimated logo is optional. You can buy your own wide-stripe shirt anywhere and then velcro/sew a traditional patch on it.

Of course that makes very little sense to me. But technically, you do have options if you really don't like the VHSL-partnership.

Rich Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:04am

Living in a no-logo (no patch, no nothing except an optional flag) on the shirt state is a great thing, trust me.

zm1283 Tue Aug 26, 2014 02:03pm

Missouri sends us a new patch every year for each sport we register in. They do require that they be worn but we don't have to buy a special shirt for it.