Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Aug 21, 2014, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

New FAT STRIPE shirts they are making us use in VA

Anyone know where the best price is?
Old Thu Aug 21, 2014, 01:49pm
Courageous When Prudent

I bought one from the VHSL's personal business partner when they first came out and my HS board is supposed to buying one for all officials this season. Far as I know, the price was around $40-45.

I never researched the online price from Honig's.
Old Thu Aug 21, 2014, 06:24pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
I recently got one from "Terry's Official Call" in WV (our supplier). If you can't find their info PM me. $39.00 plus S/H = $47.95 (tax deductible of course)

Last yr if we ordered ours at our pre-season clinic from Terry's, we didn't have to pay for S/H.

Of course, last yr was the first yr for the shirts. This yr they may have sufficient numbers in stock at the clinic and we may be able to pick them up there without having to order them and having them shipped.
Old Fri Aug 22, 2014, 07:11am
Official Forum Member

I purchased mine from Rivanna Gear last year. They were listed at $49.95 each + S&H, but I believe that Rivanna had a deal with Cliff Keen and VHSL(and had a discount code) that knocked $10 off the price/shirt. So basically $40 + S/H per shirt.
Old Fri Aug 22, 2014, 09:19am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePaul View Post
I purchased mine from Rivanna Gear last year. They were listed at $49.95 each + S&H, but I believe that Rivanna had a deal with Cliff Keen and VHSL(and had a discount code) that knocked $10 off the price/shirt. So basically $40 + S/H per shirt.
That's what I did.

Still don't like the arrangement. Somebody affiliated with the VHSL got some kind of financial benefit from the deal, it would take a lot to convince me otherwise.
Old Fri Aug 22, 2014, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
I recently got one from "Terry's Official Call" in WV (our supplier). If you can't find their info PM me. $39.00 plus S/H = $47.95 (tax deductible of course)

Last yr if we ordered ours at our pre-season clinic from Terry's, we didn't have to pay for S/H.

Of course, last yr was the first yr for the shirts. This yr they may have sufficient numbers in stock at the clinic and we may be able to pick them up there without having to order them and having them shipped.
Same price from Purchase Officials...delivered quickly, no complaints. Don't think you're gonna find it any cheaper than that...just a cost of doing business
Old Fri Aug 22, 2014, 12:34pm
wife loves the goatee...

Sporting Goods store behind Regency Sq off of Parham (Dixie Sports, I think)... about $40 last yr.
Old Sat Aug 23, 2014, 07:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRJ1960 View Post
Sporting Goods store behind Regency Sq off of Parham (Dixie Sports, I think)... about $40 last yr.
I bought one there in June. The price is still the same. I still think they're ugly looking.
Old Mon Aug 25, 2014, 07:16am
Official Forum Member

Our association as a whole contacted a supplier and got them for $35 each... i'm sure we are ordering a couple hundred though....

Was curious what price was around the state....
Old Mon Aug 25, 2014, 11:09am
Get away from me, Steve.

Does nobody care about the quality of the shirt and only the price? I'm just amazed that the only thing being mentioned here is price.

Maybe there are some polyester models out there for $20 - you should keep looking.
Old Mon Aug 25, 2014, 01:25pm
I got a Basketball Jones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Does nobody care about the quality of the shirt and only the price? I'm just amazed that the only thing being mentioned here is price.

Maybe there are some polyester models out there for $20 - you should keep looking.
Can you spell m-o-n-o-p-o-l-y?
This is a Virginia specific situation. Acceptable shirts, per VHSL, must have the new, improved VHSL logo sublimated onto the fabric. Only VHSL can supply this trademarked design.
Old Mon Aug 25, 2014, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Everyones agrees it's a total money grab...... but what you can you do?

I haven't heard one argument from the VHSL on why they made the change....
Old Tue Aug 26, 2014, 10:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justacoach View Post
Can you spell m-o-n-o-p-o-l-y?
This is a Virginia specific situation. Acceptable shirts, per VHSL, must have the new, improved VHSL logo sublimated onto the fabric. Only VHSL can supply this trademarked design.
My understanding is that the sublimated logo is optional. You can buy your own wide-stripe shirt anywhere and then velcro/sew a traditional patch on it.

Of course that makes very little sense to me. But technically, you do have options if you really don't like the VHSL-partnership.
Old Tue Aug 26, 2014, 11:04am
Get away from me, Steve.

Living in a no-logo (no patch, no nothing except an optional flag) on the shirt state is a great thing, trust me.
Old Tue Aug 26, 2014, 02:03pm
Official Forum Member

Missouri sends us a new patch every year for each sport we register in. They do require that they be worn but we don't have to buy a special shirt for it.