The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Monty McCutchen gets in the way (Video) (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97876-monty-mccutchen-gets-way-video.html)

dsavitzky Thu May 08, 2014 12:44pm

Monty McCutchen gets in the way (Video)

Monty McCutchen gets sandwiched between Russell Westbrook and Chris Paul here and ends up calling a blocking foul on Paul.

I think he could've avoided the play a lot better, but to me it seems there wasn't really any contact between Paul and Westbrook here. Let the contact go and give the ball out of bounds to LA?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/ZR6RggmDwIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JRutledge Thu May 08, 2014 12:58pm

I cannot believe the unprofessionalism of an NBA official. This is worse than Joey Crawford. :rolleyes: :D

Peace

Adam Thu May 08, 2014 01:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 933689)
I cannot believe the unprofessionalism of an NBA official. This is worse than Joey Crawford. :rolleyes: :D

Peace

Please tell me you pounded your fist into your desk as soon as you hit "submit reply."

Raymond Thu May 08, 2014 01:35pm

This never would have happened to Dick Bavetta....in his prime.

The arm-bar, the foul that I see, occurred before the contact with McCutchen.

JRutledge Thu May 08, 2014 01:59pm

No.....buuuuuut

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 933690)
Please tell me you pounded your fist into your desk as soon as you hit "submit reply."

He served it up on a plater. ;)

Peace

rockyroad Thu May 08, 2014 02:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 933692)

The arm-bar, the foul that I see, occurred before the contact with McCutchen.

Agreed...that is what was called, and it did influence rsbq. Too bad the official ended up caught like that, but sh!t happens.

Does Paul "finger shoot" McCutchen right at the end of that clip???

Nevadaref Thu May 08, 2014 05:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 933696)
He served it up on a plater. ;)

I've never seen anything served on a horse.

Main Entry: plat·er
Pronunciation: \ˈplā-tər\
Function: noun
Date: 1777
1 : one that plates 2 a : a horse that runs chiefly in plate races b : a racehorse that competes in the lowest grade of races

Camron Rust Thu May 08, 2014 05:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevadaref (Post 933705)
I've never seen anything served on a horse.

Main Entry: plat·er
Pronunciation: \ˈplā-tər\
Function: noun
Date: 1777
1 : one that plates 2 a : a horse that runs chiefly in plate races b : a racehorse that competes in the lowest grade of races

It is a personal preference. ;)

Nevadaref Thu May 08, 2014 05:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camron Rust (Post 933706)
It is a personal preference. ;)

Like shoe polish! :D

Thanks for the laugh, Camron.

IUgrad92 Thu May 08, 2014 06:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRutledge (Post 933689)

Peace

This play has a quick turnover and the players running into an official. The other play was an official almost running into a shooter, and some could say affecting his shot.

Apples and oranges. Sometimes it helps to know your fruit plater...... :rolleyes:

JRutledge Thu May 08, 2014 06:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by IUgrad92 (Post 933709)
This play has a quick turnover and the players running into an official. The other play was an official almost running into a shooter, and some could say affecting his shot.

Apples and oranges. Sometimes it helps to know your fruit plater...... :rolleyes:

They are apples and oranges. One play the official actually made contact with the players. The other play involved no contact what so ever. I find it interesting that the play with no contact was worse, but I guess someone has to be upset about something.

Peace