The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Maryland/Notre Dame (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/97690-maryland-notre-dame.html)

bballref3966 Sun Apr 06, 2014 05:50pm

Maryland/Notre Dame

Block/PC play by Maryland around the first half 14-minute mark. Was called PC, was questionable it looked like, and Doris Burke started officiating from the announcers' table as usual.

Lcubed48 Sun Apr 06, 2014 05:55pm

Ah yes, the female Billy Packer strikes again.

bballref3966 Sun Apr 06, 2014 06:01pm

Also a no-call just under the 8-minute mark, this time Doris said it was a "great bit of officiating."

Cameron Inouye was the primary official in both situations.

OKREF Sun Apr 06, 2014 06:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballref3966 (Post 930707)
Also a no-call just under the 8-minute mark, this time Doris said it was a "great bit of officiating."

I thought this no call was correct, if it was anything I had a block.

Multiple Sports Sun Apr 06, 2014 07:28pm

Doris Burke is worse than Packer and what is worse is I must hear her yap during the NBA playoffs as well.....

bballref3966 Sun Apr 06, 2014 07:30pm

Andddddddd she brings up the high school lack of shot clock...

Raymond Sun Apr 06, 2014 08:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Multiple Sports (Post 930712)
Doris Burke is worse than Packer and what is worse is I must hear her yap during the NBA playoffs as well.....

You don't HAVE to listen to her. Plus, won't you be courtside at all of SF's play-off games? :p

Multiple Sports Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 930718)
You don't HAVE to listen to her. Plus, won't you be courtside at all of SF's play-off games? :p

You are a funny guy !!!!!;:D:D:D:D

LR has invited SF to camp in May, he will be observing all your games !!!! I'm just hoping to work a few games in his AAU Tourney !!!!

JetMetFan Mon Apr 07, 2014 06:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballref3966 (Post 930707)

I'll try to post both when I get home but Cameron wasn't the primary on the 2nd play.

UPDATE: My apologies, BBR. I was watching the plays without the sound up and on #2 I thought it was the play right before at the Notre Dame offensive end. I keep the sound down so I don't end up posting about the nonsense from the analysts :D

JetMetFan Tue Apr 08, 2014 02:25pm

video added

Here are the plays

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xkQkxKpLFaA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raymond Tue Apr 08, 2014 02:35pm

Play 1: that's a block, defender moves forward into A1's space.

Play 2: defender does the same thing; she won't catch any flack for no-calling this one.

Adam Tue Apr 08, 2014 02:44pm

Play 1:
I don't see any "forward" movement, but I don't think she gets two feet down in the path to establish LGP. Block.

Play 2:
I don't see any forward movement here, either, but I think the defender puts herself on the floor. I could live with either a PC or a no-call.

bballref3966 Tue Apr 08, 2014 04:34pm

#1 should be a block if anything but I could actually live with a no call more so on that one than I can on #2.

I actually have a team control foul on play #2 (contact occurs after dribbler passes ball), the ball handler just plowed over a legal defender after passing the ball.

Maineac Tue Apr 08, 2014 04:56pm

#1 Block. Defender didn't establish LGP and moved into the shooter.
#2 I'm fine with the no call. Defender leaning into offensive player after she passes the ball AND starts taking a dive.

Adam Tue Apr 08, 2014 04:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maineac (Post 931016)
#1 Block. Defender didn't establish LGP and moved into the shooter.
#2 I'm fine with the no call. Defender leaning into offensive player after she passes the ball AND starts taking a dive.

How is this possible?