The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 22, 2014, 09:42pm
Official Forum Member

Oregon vs. Wisconsin missed team control foul

I may have been wrong on a couple of screen calls previously, but an Oregon guy set one out on the perimeter on one of the final possessions that was a textbook illegal screen. Wasn't stationary, gave defender no time or distance, BANG. Actually disappointed it went uncalled. Thankfully didn't affect the outcome. Don't understand swallowing the whistle there.

Also, anyone think the contact dead ball technical foul with under a second to go could've been a flagrant 2 technical? I would've been fine with either call.
Old Sat Mar 22, 2014, 09:43pm
NFHS Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballref3966 View Post
I may have been wrong on a couple of screen calls previously, but an Oregon guy set one out on the perimeter on one of the final possessions that was a textbook illegal screen. Wasn't stationary, gave defender no time or distance, BANG. Actually disappointed it went uncalled. Thankfully didn't affect the outcome. Don't understand swallowing the whistle there.

Also, anyone think the contact dead ball technical foul with under a second to go could've been a flagrant 2 technical? I would've been fine with either call.
I think he deserved to be ejected.
Old Sat Mar 22, 2014, 09:51pm
Official Forum Member

Two handed shove clearly after the whistle; I thought he would be ejected. I am okay with just a dead ball technical though as it was more of a "get away from me" than a fighting action.

I thought the screen was illegal for moving into the path of the defender.
Old Sat Mar 22, 2014, 09:54pm
Official Forum Member

I thought they would have gone flagrant 2. I would have.
Old Sat Mar 22, 2014, 10:07pm
AremRed

I would have been ok with either a tech or ejection.
Old Sat Mar 22, 2014, 10:12pm
Get away from me, Steve.

I am a Badger season ticket holder and we were in a bar watching the game on the way back from the WI HS state tournament.

I thought that they missed an illegal screen there as well as a hook/take down on the player under the bucket. Turned out OK with the subsequent foul.

I was OK with the dead ball technical.
Old Sat Mar 22, 2014, 11:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballref3966 View Post
NO....Dead-ball Contact Technical Foul was the appropriate call. FF2 was NOT warranted.